Help choosing Simpsons Berkeley 46, Duke 1 or Duke 2...

jb74 said:
rum said:
Yikes! Thanks for pointing that out. That's very cheeky if you ask me...!

It's a killer... I was all excited thinking that the prices were pretty reasonable for a limited edition Duke... got to the checkout and my bubble was well and truly burst right there and then.

I've bought all my Simpsons brushes from Executive Shaving using whatever discount codes were available at the time.

Well, at least ES is a name we know and trust. Wouldn't want to get on the phone to Simpsons to get a return code before sending something back to them. Too much of a hassle.

Again thanks for everyones reccomendations. I have been on the simpsons site and i also thought the prices were reasonable until i saw the VAT. Are there any valid voucher codes for Executive shaving at the moment?

Gairdner said:
No more predictable than I with my Ingrams fixation! Which is your favourite size of knot in the MÜHLE synth, H?

I'd say 23mm is the best value. I also have a 25mm, but that one is in a custom handle, and it's been set a tad too deep, so I can't judge its performance adequately.

Hey guys. Just thought I would update this thread as I have just ordered a simpsons duke 2 in best from the shaving shack. I have used these guys before and their service is excellent. I cant wait for my brush to arrive :) I also just received a lijun finest with butterscotch handle which I am about to test for the first time. So I have been treating myself lately.

Dan great choice, I have a Duke 2 in super. Just bought a chubby 2 super from a member on here! arrives today so excited also. You do know that's us hooked now? It only gonna get more and more expensive now.

Johnnie said:
Dan great choice, I have a Duke 2 in super. Just bought a chubby 2 super from a member on here! arrives today so excited also. You do know that's us hooked now? It only gonna get more and more expensive now.

I really hope i dont get hooked on collecting expensive brushes! I have read a lot about the Duke range and thought long and hard about placing my order. I am hoping this will be my one and only expensive brush... maybe i am just being nieve? :icon_lol:

I know you probably have your heart dead set on a Simpsons brush, but i'm in complete agreement with Helveticum on Muhle synthetic brushes. They are simply fantastic and an absolute must for face lathering. They are especially good for those of us in very hard water areas ;)

I remember watching the butterscotch brush but only winning the semogue. Got the knot out but ended up putting it back as the hole was far too small to get a decent badger knot in and I'm lacking the skills and tools to make the hole any bigger. Good to see you made it on here though.

Back
Top Bottom