Help Deciding My Second Brush Please.

Just my 2 cents but if it was me I would be tempted to get something like a Stirling Finest Badger Fan brush, about £40 and a great entry into badger brushes. I have one and it is cetainly comparable to many brushes several times its value. Whilst I love using my Shavemac, I enjoy my Stirling as much.

Synthetic is another good shout, especially the Razorock brushes which are fairly cheap and great brushes for the price. I prefer their handles to the Fine brushes but the hair is essentially the same.

I don't see much love for horse hair on forums but if you can put up with a little stench and scratch for about a week or two, you'll be rewarded with a fantastic brush that softens very well and is a perfect hybrid between a badger and boar. I use a Vie Long 40503 and it is fantastic, I wish I had bought one years ago. I quite fancy another.

I also give another vote for the Vulfix Grosvenor 404, a cheap mixed hair brush and fantastic. Worth the price for the handle alone!

I used my Vulfix Grosvenor 404 brush today with MWF and I like to face lather,
First off the brush is a fantastic size and weight for me, and I am still breaking it in with this being both my first shave with the brush and soap,
The brush loads the soap really well and face lathers it a treat much better than my 1 year old TOBS pure badger shave brush, the only downside is the brush was a bit scratchy on my face however I am putting it down to not being broken in yet.
Give it a try (I don't work for any companies mentioned either)

Can anyone who has both the Maseto and the Semogue SOC 2 band post a quick comparison please?

ie: tip softness, back bone

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom