Hemp shaving soap.

Evening all.

My bro just told me about a guy he knows who swears by Hemp shaving soap. He reckons it's the business and noticeably prolongs the life of a blade. Does anyone have any experience of such a ting?

I found this product which by the description I was given, may be the one he was talking about...Here...

What say y'all? Thanks in advance.

Kell's Originals also do shaving soaps with hemp seed oil.

I have tried the 'Hemp Blend Sandalwood' and it is a great performer - takes a bit if water, but once going, it produces a full lather which gives great cushion and glide. It also leaves the face reasonably well moisturised.

The only problem is, the added buggeration (and shipping costs) of importing it from the States.

I use hemp seed oil massaged into my face with water before a wonderful shave. Wikipedia tells me that it's about 80% polyunsaturated EFAs and like flax/linseed oil goes rancid/oxidise quickly and may spontaneously combust. I was worried I would not be able to bring it out of Colorado again, but I probably shouldn't have it on an airplane at all.

Dave-the-rave said:
Evening all.

My bro just told me about a guy he knows who swears by Hemp shaving soap. He reckons it's the business and noticeably prolongs the life of a blade. Does anyone have any experience of such a ting?

I found this product which by the description I was given, may be the one he was talking about...Here...

What say y'all? Thanks in advance.
What needs to happen here - and I emphasise 'needs' - is that somebody has to try this. I would normally be quite willing to do so but I'm on a final warning from 'She' and, short of using an accommodation address, I dare not!

Who's up for it?

BTW - Oil won't spontaneously combust in the bottle. It's piles of oily rags or paper that are the danger. Linseed oil is good at this trick as well.

Okay, I burst ! Been a while since I bought any goodies & even longer since I took one for the team. I'm a sucker for natural products anyway, so that's. The trigger pulled on a £5 block of hemp soap. Will get back to you all after trialling it.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

That's the small container of Hemp Shaving Soap arrived today and I gave it its first run out. Like most original artisan soaps I've used over the years it's totally different from any of the commercial brands in that it produces a very slight soapy covering of the face when brushed on. In fact you'd been stretching a point to term it a lather at all. The instructions advise to let it soak into the beard for 3 to 5 minutes before shaving. I did this and used my normal one wtg followed by relathering without applying any further soap for an atg pass. It's not the best shave I've ever had, however much of that I feel is because I'm not yet familiar with the soap. No question however, it is most remarkably kind to the skin, leaving it feeling silky & moisturised. I'll continue to use it for the next week or so with no other products to refine my technique and see how it goes.

JohnnyO. :icon_razz:/.

Back
Top Bottom