Hi all

Hi, I've just joined here. I joined badger and blade last week but have found it a difficult as a lot of the stuff they talk about is in America and not here. So a quick search and here I am.

I found myself not enjoying shaving and not getting what I want from it so I jumped on google and found that a lot of people are going back to DE razors, saying how good it is, so I've ordered a brush and bowl, a sample pack of blades, some TOBS sandalwood saving cream and asked for the razor as a Christmas present as my wife was struggling with ideas (2 choices either the edwin jaggar de89 or the merkur 34c). Is there anything else any of you think I will need?

Hi, I've just joined here. I joined badger and blade last week but have found it a difficult as a lot of the stuff they talk about is in America and not here. So a quick search and here I am.

I found myself not enjoying shaving and not getting what I want from it so I jumped on google and found that a lot of people are going back to DE razors, saying how good it is, so I've ordered a brush and bowl, a sample pack of blades, some TOBS sandalwood saving cream and asked for the razor as a Christmas present as my wife was struggling with ideas (2 choices either the edwin jaggar de89 or the merkur 34c). Is there anything else any of you think I will need?
Hello & welcome to TSR. You don't actually need anything more, but you'll soon discover that what you need & what you want are two VERY different things...;)

I would say it looks like you have a pretty good starting selection there. Some things you might want to consider (but not essential):

Alum block or witch hazel.
Styptic pencil.
Some sort of aftershave or post shave balm.

Welcome

I was lurking on badger and blade for a while before I found this place, picked up some good advice and tips here. But be warned you may find yourself acquiring more shaving kit before long, so one thing you may need is somewhere to put it all.

Back
Top Bottom