Hi Chaps

Hi chaps,
New here, having just migrated from a Gillette Mach3.

Having found Cannaught shaving, I now have a Feather Popular and a sixty blade starter pack.
Speick Cologne, aftershave lotion, stick and bar soap.
Aubrey organics aftershave.
Vulfix 375 brush
Wilko's brush (what a great brush)
Gillette blue bowl soap (bin city)

Wish list:
EJ DE89L or a Muhle R89
Nannys soap; having issues with shaving soap, (see my other post) so am using bath soap at the moment - lets see what this Nannys soap is going to be like.

Cheers Juice

Welcome to TSR! Hope you can solve your shaving soap conundrum.

Shanky: Taylors cream is one of the best, but if your budget doesn't stretch to it (it's £8 a large tub) then some of the cheap creams get good press, Erasmic and Palmolive being 2 of the cheapest, and Body Shop's maca root is a good performer.

Blyth Spirit said:
What ho Juice?

Enjoy the collecting however the two razors on your wish list are almost one and the same beast - same heads.

:icon_razz:

Shall I go for the German one or the one made in Sheffield!

juice said:
Hi chaps,
New here, having just migrated from a Gillette Mach3.

Having found Cannaught shaving, I now have a Feather Popular and a sixty blade starter pack.

Hi there,

That's actually not a bad razor to start out with. Used that one myself in the past and the darn thing worked pretty well with a very sharp blade. It's a milder razor than most any other ones around, which is fine for easing into this 'hobby'.

If your sample pack has a Gillette SharpEdge in the mix, you might start with that sharp blade. Or, maybe try a Crystal (Israeli Personna) or a Red Personna, both being milder blades.

Whatever you decide on, stick with the same type for at least two weeks before trying a different brand. Or, after a few weeks maybe try another razor with that same type blade and see what happens. Yeah, you're gonna find a big difference when you switch razors, but those two weeks with the Popular will make the transition to a more aggressive razor quite a bit easier.

Good luck sliding down the rabbit hole,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom