Hi From Bristol

Hi,

As the title says Hi from Bristol

I had tried DE once long back in college but dont know why it did not stick and went back to the two three and finally five bladed crap.

Now I am planning to start again.

Got a merkur 25c
A tub of Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender Shaving Cream
A block of alum
A Badger brush (Got it from ebau for £7 so dont know if it is the real deal or if I got ripped)

Just not decided on the after shave yet. (planning to use my niviea balm till I find something nice) I am thinking of bay rum but want to get the smell of it first.

I had tried to find a store in bristol where they sell some good shaving products but failed and had to order everything from the internet. (Did find some nice brushes in John Lewis though)

So hope to interact with you all and find out how to shave properly like a Man

Cheers
Shamreez

Hello and welcome.

For Bay Rum there is one resident member (Sunburyboy93) here, he makes it himself and is of exceptional value and quality.

There are some vendors (you can look at the relevant section of the forum) that offer great selection of brushes at excellent prices.

All in all, enjoy the ride and fire questions when you like!

Welcome Shamreez.

Got my first badger off 'bay for 9 quid. Does the job for me compared to the previous Boots one i had.

Has Bristol got a Home Bargains yet? If so pop in and have a look at Real Shaving Co stuff. £1.29 for each of the shave cream / gel / balm / facial scrub.

Half decent and even better at the price.

Welcome to TSR Shamreez :)

As mentioned, SunburyBoy makes his own bay rum aftershave. I bought a bottle a few weeks back and love it - it really is very nice - IMHO of course! :D

As for brushes, Fido on here run "New Forest Brushes" and the brushes he makes and sells are fantastic. they're a bit more expensive than your £7 ebay brush - but if you keep an eye open, from time to time, he has the odd second or two that he sells on cheap - and they can give you a great introduction to a quality brush.

Well my first shave would be tomorrow.

Really hoping that shaving with those stupid cartridges has not completely runied me.

Need to start from scratch now.
So just planning for one pass WTG for the first time.

@Jeltz: Nice to see a neighbour here do let me know if you know about any good stores where we can go and check out stuff rather than order from internte.

@N_Architech: We dont have a home bargain in bristol yet. Actually as far as I know there is nothing in bristol for a proper shave you ask anyone and they say the best place to look for one is boots. So you can make out from that itself...

Hax said:
Welcome to TSR Shamreez :)

As mentioned, SunburyBoy makes his own bay rum aftershave. I bought a bottle a few weeks back and love it - it really is very nice - IMHO of course! :D

As for brushes, Fido on here run "New Forest Brushes" and the brushes he makes and sells are fantastic. they're a bit more expensive than your £7 ebay brush - but if you keep an eye open, from time to time, he has the odd second or two that he sells on cheap - and they can give you a great introduction to a quality brush.
I would be cheking out sunburyboys bay rum...

As for brushes I thought let me first learn to lather properly with some ordinary brush and once I am confident I would be behind fido

Hi Shamreez, welcome to the forum!

If you have a Pound shop, you'll quite often pick up Real Shaving Co. stuff from there. For the most part it's a mail order job though if you want a decent choice.

Hello and welcome to TSR Shamreez! :D Dig in, shill out and kick back - you´re in da ROOM now mate and it´s da shaving place to be :cool:

Back
Top Bottom