High end creams and a/s balms

Bechet45 said:
I'm in town 9th March - taking my secretary from many years ago to her first opera - so a small detour is now on the cards. A Toscano shave cream and a Tabacco Toscano cologne will hasten my journey to penury.

Check it out, Mikael.

Some coffee from Monmouth Street, supper and the Opera House. Maud still thinks I'm the bee's knees for some unfathomable female reason.

Looks and sounds nice, indeed! :) ... Cigars are the mother of all hobbies, money wise anyhow (almost makes collecting straights financial healthy).

Bechet45 said:
Johnus said:
You know 67$us would buy a lot of Arko or Palmolive !!!

True - but what on earth would you do with it all??

In the same place I have the other Arko Sticks. Got a real deal last year 12 sticks for 12$us including shipping. It does take up quite a lot of space!!!

Bechet45 said:
dodgy said:
For quite a while there was no one selling it anywhere.

It arrived today 250ml for a whole lot of money. Not British at all - but Italian!

Now to find a miniscule, lightweight pot!

Ohhhhh.....I look forward to your opinion after a few uses. So it's made in Italy eh? Heh, nothing wrong with that of course but it's a bit surprising.

I should warn you about having that many Arko sticks stored so close together. I'm pretty sure you will end up with some kinda spontaneous combustion kinda thing.......

I keep the sleeves of Derby Blades in between them. They serve like the Graphite Rods in a reactor. Seems with them I don't need the nite light in the loo any more !

dodgy said:
The soap has always intrigued me....

And well it might! I've just used it and it intrigues me, too! What on earth have they put in it? As I lathered I could feel it going on - a kind of gossamer film on the skin, beneath the lather. Can't have been more than a nanometer or two thick as it provided total glide and protection whilst permitting the easiest BBS-est shave I have ever had!

The smallest amount of product became a lather exactly how I like it - a little dry and close to the skin so a wet razor glides through it - but the lather seemed almost irrelevant. As long ad that film was wet, the shave was blissful. Applied with a TI silvertip, removed with a Rapira Swede in a DLC Weber. I'm sure one could whip up a fantastic lather but I don't like that.

A visit to Naples is still on my 'to-do list' but the original scent is reminiscent of the gutters in the back streets of that city, I feel certain. After a rainy day. Very masculine in a Neopolitan sort of way. Not one I would have chosen but .... masculine!

This is wondrous stuff, this XPEC shaving cream original and quite unlike any shave cream I have used before - and there are many in my collection. Expensive to buy a pot but far less expensive per shave than you'd think - a 250ml pot will last a very long time.

Amongst the freebie samples was one of XPEC aftershave gel. 50ml of that is already on order - superb, non-greasy, leaves thhe BBS shave feeling like silk and my face supple.

I cannot speak highly enough of this stuff and recommend it to you. Worth every penny! Fantastic! Brilliant! Superb!

love The art of shaving product. pre shave is so so, but the soap is very good and the cream is even better, But the balm is best of all, skin feels ooh so smooth. But makes a serve dent in the bank balance.

I have tried a few of the high end creams and balms and would happily purchase most of them again. My favourites are probably Penahaligons Blenheim Bouquet and Nancy Boy Signature. For soap, I love MDC.
SMN is good but over-priced for me.
I tried RR XXX but didn't like it, so won't be risking the Aqua di Parma.
What I would love to try next is Castle Forbes in either Lime or Lavender.

Of the balms, Pens BB is a lovely, thick balm that is great in the winter. Not so much one for soothing any burn though. For that, I would choose Clinique post shave healer or Murad. I find Zirh post shave balm to be good as well. The Nancy Boy balms were a litlle sticky for my liking.

Helveticum said:
Fitjar is awesome, but not 30 quid awesome. Nice treat though.

Just buy direct from their website. Works out about £12 a jar and a few quid in postage. Ordered three the other day and postage was six quid. Arrived four days later with no customs VAT or import duities.

jamespatel said:
Palmolive stick is as far as I go and I love it.
Last of the big spenders

I'm with you Jamesy, 'cept I stretch all the way up to a whole tube of Ingrams. Blue collar heaven! ;)

Back
Top Bottom