Hit a lathering wall

Ugh,

I've been de shaving since last year, and generally been getting on ok. The last few shaves I've had I've failed to make a nice cushioned lather, I don't know what it is! It's either to thin, or so thick it all stays in the brush.

It's times like this I've got to slow down and go back to basics!

Rant over!

I've just abandoned the bowl and started lathering in my hand, purely as I was travelling and couldn't be bothered to take the bowl. I seem to get a better lather by hand lathering, you seem to get more feel for what you are doing.

Lose the beard said:
I've just abandoned the bowl and started lathering in my hand, purely as I was travelling and couldn't be bothered to take the bowl. I seem to get a better lather by hand lathering, you seem to get more feel for what you are doing.

It's a great way to get to know the look and feel of getting the perfect lather I think.

I find that any difficult soaps lather really well this way.

Make sure you're fully-loading the brush, especially if you're using hard soaps. Add water slowly and keep a close check on the lather. If necessary do a couple of test lathers without shaving to restore your confidence.

4 what it's worth M8, after over 50 yrs wet shaving I still have not so good lather days, goodness knows why.
prof B & mama bear always serve me well, but sometimes, well, some days are diamonds, some days are stone.

Sympathising with a couple of glasses of red in him. JohnnyO. \:blush:

Just thought I would update this, a good clean did help a lot! That and some more liberal use of product. I've just started face lathering which I'm enjoying a lot. Just still trying to find creams my skin likes. I'm really enjoying my DR Harris Windsor, but all of my TOBS creams leaves my skin quite dry. Just debating some Proraso but really need to use some other cream up first!

I place a slice of soap/cream in a warned bowl and make my 1st lather. Get all of my shaving equipment together and then go back to make my 2nd 'head'. Seems to work better that way.

It is quite a hard one! When I get home I'll give it my most articulate shot! You can request samples direct from them, and I believe Connaught sells shaving cream samples.

if you email d r harris they will send you some samples of windsor (fragrance sample on a wet wipe type thing) if u ask! can't remember what it smelt like, but remember it being pretty good. quite modern'ish i think.

I really like the Windsor, so much so I'm going to get it as an EDT! Still enjoying face lathering and have some proraso to try tomorrow or Wednesday. I think my skin may not fond of glycerine, I found bluebeards revenge tuff to be very drying, as is a lot of my TOBS.

mattyb240 said:
Just thought I would update this, a good clean did help a lot! That and some more liberal use of product. I've just started face lathering which I'm enjoying a lot. Just still trying to find creams my skin likes. I'm really enjoying my DR Harris Windsor, but all of my TOBS creams leaves my skin quite dry. Just debating some Proraso but really need to use some other cream up first!

go down morrisons/tescos

and pick up some pal olive shave cream

i grabbed some for £1

its not the best buts its still good and scent isnt bad

shanky887614 said:
mattyb240 said:

go down morrisons/tescos

and pick up some pal olive shave cream

i grabbed some for £1

its not the best buts its still good and scent isnt bad

Already have it thanks but it's mainly for my travel pack!

Back
Top Bottom