Hiya!

Hi all,

Just joined the forum, to be honest I didn't really know there was a UK forum and have been lurking on Badger and Blade for a while now. I found this place whilst fantasy-googling vintage Gillette DE razors, heh

I bought an Edwin Jagger DE89, Derby blades, some soap and a really crap shaving brush a while back off Amazon after reading about the fact that DE razor shaving could help to reduce skin irritation and ingrown hairs.

Since then I have been happily sawing away at my face and have seen a massive improvement in my skin and to my surprise a shave as close as anything I have had from any number of fancy pants disposables.

Plus, if I'm honest, I secretly feel slightly superior to all other men using 'ordinary' shaving stuff who aren't 'in the know', hehe

I travel a lot and work out of the country so want to buy a second DE razor and bits and have been kidding myself that I will find a bargain DE razor on ebay - in actual fact the decent ones seem very expensive. This DE razor thing is really taking off!

I guess my fantasy razor would be a 1966 British Gillette butterfly type DE razor (if such a thing even exists) - 1966 is my year of birth.

TL ; DR : Nice to join, and Hi!

Chunks

Chunkers said:
Plus, if I'm honest, I secretly feel slightly superior to all other men using 'ordinary' shaving stuff who aren't 'in the know', hehe

I love that feeling! I sometimes feel like learning to use a straight razor purely for that reason!!!

Welcome to the forum Chunkers;)

Hello Chunks, welcome to TSR!

1966 is my birth year too, though I haven't got any that young. British Gillettes weren't date coded, but if a US one would do you're looking at a Superspeed or a Slim, maybe a Slim Twist and probably a few others. I'd settle for a flare tip Rocket and tell myself that it was a '66.

A very fine year was '66! Particularly 30 July. If any one needs an explanation:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/30/newsid_2644000/2644065.stm

Welcome Chunks - enjoy the forum.

Hi there, welcome to TSR. Have you seen the "Birth year razors sought" thread? Someone might have something that might interest you. Or have a word with Frenchblade, he has a lot of vintage razors that he sells. Fair prices too.

Back
Top Bottom