hmm Gillette New or Old? long or short tooth?

Some just want to keep them all for themselves. Since I've been extolling their virtue there seems to be fewer and fewer for sale on eBay !! Strange? In 1918 Gillette sold over 3million of them. If they weren't good why did they sell so many??

After trying my first OC (Fatip Piccolo) and really liking the way it shaves, i think i'm going to get a few vintage OC's and use them on my Weber Bulldog handle. If i like the shave i'll get the heads replated.

How many different versions are there? is there a long and short comb for each version?

The versions i've seen for sale since looking are:-

Old short comb
New improved short comb
Goodwill
NEW short comb
NEW long comb

Gairdner said:
Had a great shave today with my Gillette #77. It's certainly on the aggressive side and is New Long Comb type but of two piece construction and the head is fairly heavy. Certainly more aggressive than the 7 o'clock New LC I had and a keeper.

Did you get sorted out with something, SC?

Hi there Gairdner, a nice No11H service set LC New from Jamie, I think, got to complete the transaction yet.

Brilliant!

Bit of a rum do with my #77 just now. I dunno, yesterday I managed as near to perfect as I get but today, big weeper, irritation and not even all that close. Hmph!

Look forward to seeing a picture of the service set - sounds a beauty. :D

Back
Top Bottom