Hmm...... What next?

I like more efficient razors. For my regular rotation also only use solid metal razors (no zinc alloy). Current razors in the regular rotation are:

EJ 3ONE6
ES Outlaw
Karve CB with SB E&F and OC D plates
Muhle R41 GS
Razorine Flatboy
Rockwell6S (only ever used plates 5 and 6)
7 Fatip OCs , including 2 slants

And, an R41 Twist as a travel razor

Obviously I need another razor and the 3 finalists are:

Karve Overlander
Rex Envoy
Muhle Rocca

All look like great razors, so the cons are:

I've tried to only have one pricier razor from each brand, so that counts against the Overlander and the Rocca.

The Rocca is perhaps a little "boring" and also similar to the 3ONE6.

The Overlander may not be as efficient as the CB plates I use.

I just never hear anyone rave about the Envoy, whereas plenty of people love the Rocca and the Overlander.

I think the Overlander is just nudging for me ATM, but I'm interested in the thoughts of those who have tried these razors (especially if they tried more than one of them).

I tend to use 1 razor per week, shaving 6 or 7 days with 1 blade.

Stop!
Think!
You need a :-
Blackland Dart,
it knocks every thing off the list above, I know,
PS it also removes Dermis including any minor bumps, spots & moles in nieve hands, the new R41GS is a rough pussycat in comparison to the smooth samurai quality of the Dart.
YMMV of course.

For what it's worth, having used both the 3one6 and the rocca despite supposedly having the same geometry the rocca felt much more aggressive/harsh so I sold the rocca and kept the 3one6.

Given your preference for more aggressive razors the overlander is probably going to be too mild (c plate feel, d plate efficiency is often mentioned)

I'd second getting a blackbird.... Think there's a sale on them coming in the next couple of days too!

Stop!
Think!
You need a :-
Blackland Dart,
it knocks every thing off the list above, I know,
PS it also removes Dermis including any minor bumps, spots & moles in nieve hands, the new R41GS is a rough pussycat in comparison to the smooth samurai quality of the Dart.
YMMV of course.
I’m still in two minds about my Dart,
i’m starting to get the hang of it but don’t use it enough to really enjoy it.
it actually scares me lol

Back
Top Bottom