Home Made Soap - cast your vote!

Ive been away all week, looks like a bunch of posts have disapeared?

Not sure if my post was noticed then. All last week I have been away to Scotland for my new job, this means I am still to test the unscented soap which you sent me. Apologies that I am a touch behind and I havent done a review on it. Things are moving fast, a new batch already?

Just used the recent soap today. Nice stuff, I say I'm away from home so possibly slightly harder water and a new brush I've only used twice.

I found it quite easy to load after a little soak while I had a shower.

The lather seemed very dense and slick but maybe lacking a little volume compared to others. The scent is nice but could be a little stronger. I believe it's supposed to be a barber shop scent but I seemed to get a strong anise type scent from it.

As I say a very nice soap which I'll try out again at home with a more familiar brush and report back further.

Just a quick note gents - I am having a mess around with some scents so apologies it is taking so long. I haven't gone AWOL< promise!

On another note, regarding a question about essential/fragrance oils, are you put off by the use of fragrance oils?

Just a quick note gents - I am having a mess around with some scents so apologies it is taking so long. I haven't gone AWOL< promise!

On another note, regarding a question about essential/fragrance oils, are you put off by the use of fragrance oils?
Reading that TOBS seem to use fragrance oils as opposed to essential (at least in the sandalwood cream), I have no problem either way :)

Reading that TOBS seem to use fragrance oils as opposed to essential (at least in the sandalwood cream), I have no problem either way :)
That is right - a lot of the high street guys do, but then look at the new cedar wood - apparently that burns a lot of people's faces. Just wanted to check! There are a lot of fragrance oils out there that make a soaper's life a lot easier you see.

Back
Top Bottom