Homemade Menthol/Glycerine solution

Has anybody made up a menthol/Glycerine solution where menthol crystals are crushed and dissolved in alcohol and then glycerine added to produce a solution that can be added to shave soaps & aftershaves for a menthol kick? Your thoughts on this and results are welcome.

I've got the kit except for some alcohol, I'm thinking of trying it with some Brandy unless someone wants to pif me some Stoliyancha? ;-) You can get the menthol crystals from chemists and Poundland shops.

Well made up a batch, 10g of menthol crystals crushed up & dissolved in the only alcohol I had to hand-Bacardi rum! Then topped up with 150g of glycerin BP. Hope to add a few drops of this to my mug lathered Mdc Unscented at the weekend.

cool0038.gif
Update- Knocked up a lather with MdC in scuttle & added 6-7 drops of solution, the lather collapsed but whipped back up into a über lather. Man alive on application it nearly brought tears to my eyes! Definitely should have used only 3 drops for menthol heaven. Probably spit the batch into two:- add peppermint to one, camphor to the other.

Back
Top Bottom