Hoovering heaven

Heh Heh, I'm here :lol: . Who's hoovering. Got myself a Dyson Ball a few months back to replace the DC14 animal. Turns out the only thing wrong with the DC14 was a poorly fitting hose underneath the sole plate. replaced it for £6.
I also have a turbo Henry in the garage for hoovering the garage floor and the car.
Nothing like a good bit of hoovering.

I would never have a robot vacuum cleaner based on this :lol:

http://www.robotreviews.com/chat/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8192&p=45776

Fido said:
Our Miele washing machine still won't give up after 21 years.
My parents bought the whole top of the line Miele range of stuff (dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer) back in 1986-87, well all 3 of them are still running perfectly, and so is the hoover, which is the only one I remember ever being around when I was a kid. (so probably 30 years old)

You get what you pay for, after having bought 3 disposable hoovers in 4 years, I decided to buy a good one and spend over 130 quid. (which I find a lot!) it's been great.

Max

What can I tell you? There is not a cobweb on my walls, or indeed ceilings, or even on the underside of my bed..... And once I get the cordless drill/ driver thingie, there will be yards and yards....I mean meters and metres (sp?) of shelves covering all those cobweb free walls. I find myself, for the first time in my life, obsessed with vacuuming.
I'm not expecting my 'Hyacinth Bouquet' phase to last for very long; so I'm getting stuck in while it does.

So, there is something better than the Miele; at least in terms of ease of use. Time will tell whether it's got the staying power of the Miele, but for ease of use, it can't be beaten. Gents (and your good womenfolk) - let me tell you this; once you go cordless, there's no going back!!! Ever!
So first I got this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gtech-AirRam-Cordless-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B0091FS0OS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407192528&sr=8-1&keywords=airram
It works, but not as maneuverable as I would like, and no attachments, so couldn't do stairs etc. and it gets caught up in the fringes on mats with fringes...and stops and also makes a loud scary noise when you go over uneven tiles...... So I wasn't over the moon about it, as still needed to drag the Meile out of cupboard and deal with the whole wire thing for half the job. But I was now totally hooked on wireless.
So then I got this http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/dc59/dc59-animal.aspx OMG! Yes, pricey, pricey. But very very nicey. For sure the most maneuverable hoover ever, fits under furniture better than anything, swivels here, swivels there, but best of all, you just grab and go. I can't tell you how much difference grab and go makes....but it's a lot.
So, the down sides; the attachment brush fittings are too soft, they need a bit more backbone. The battery life is a bit short - but hey, who wants to hoover for more than 20 mins?? The dust container is very small (but that's why the whole thing is light) so needs emptying often. Bit it's easy to empty, so no big deal. You can put it on boost for extra suction power, but that races through the battery pronto.
Other than that, this really is as close as I've come to Hoovering Heaven yet.
Did I say 'Grab and Go'? I think I did. Instead of procrastinating about just getting the Miele out of the cupboard and plugging it in and unplugging and dragging it from A to B, and it not quite reaching the top of the stairs so back down and up again to unplug/replug - I just grab this thing and do a bit here, a bit there, as and when.
Sorry for inordinately long post.....but hey, heaven is hard to describe. :) I got mine from Currys, if you're interested you can go in the shop and try one out.

Henry here too. Bought it after binning a Dyson that had two motors replaced, two new hoses and a broken on/off switch. Old Henners has worked perfect ever since and is at least as twice as old as the very poor Dyson.

I have to admit that the DC59 doesn't have the robust feeling of the Miele. I did have a Dyson cylinder way back and it lasted at least 20 years, so we'll see. I would buy another DC59 without hesitation though if this one breaks after 2 years, that's how much I like it.

Never had a Dyson, their headquarters is down the road from here but my Henry is almost 15 years old and never missed a beat, including one house revamp. We have a hairy lab and it does the job perfectly.

Miele is good kit, worked on their washing machines and tumble driers for quite a few years, Very well built with quality parts, but VERY expensive to fix if they do go wrong, but they seldom do. I have worked on 20 year old washing machines that work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 360 days a year and they are still running! For a cheaper w/machine have a look at the Bosch Clasixx, very good indeed for the price. Mine is now 8 years old and still going strong despite being over and underloaded, filled with kirby grips, coins, crayons, small toys etc

Shemen Zait said:
Never had a Dyson, their headquarters is down the road from here but my Henry is almost 15 years old and never missed a beat, including one house revamp. We have a hairy lab and it does the job perfectly.

Ours sucks up all the hair our springer and Jack Russell drop on ours.

Handy tip though, if you want to really get the fur up. Get a window squeegee with a. Rubber blade. Here comes the hard work but, hands and knees and squeegee the carpet. I do ours once a month like that, Henry gets up enough but it satisfies my OCD.

Re: RE: Hoovering heaven

Northam Saint said:
Shemen Zait said:

Handy tip though, if you want to really get the fur up. Get a window squeegee with a. Rubber blade. Here comes the hard work but, hands and knees and squeegee the carpet. I do ours once a month like that, Henry gets up enough but it satisfies my OCD.
I use my rubber soles sandals, it's a good exercise and gets most of the big stuff out. :)

Shemen Zait said:
Northam Saint said:
Shemen Zait said:

I use my rubber soles sandals, it's a good exercise and gets most of the big stuff out. :)

I'm wondering now if I put on my new DM's I could house break them in and do the carpet at the same time. BONUS !

Back
Top Bottom