How do you carry yours?

My first post guys so please be patient.

I received my NF Silvertip 2213 last week and I must say I'm very impressed, especially as I'm a newcomer to this whole shaving brush/cream game. One question I would ask is I travel away throughout the week and was wondering what would be the best way to transport my brush without damaging it.

Do you have any good tips?

I use a plastic tube that used to have baking soda in it - Fiddes Payne I think was the brand, narrower and talller than the Supercook/Dr Oetker ones.

I've used a short length of 1.25" drain pipe with 2 stopper ends in the past too :)

Think laterally and you'll find somethingto repurpose.

^^ Very resourceful.

If you're like me (a bit of a tart) and you travel an awful lot you'll probably end up getting a dedicated travel brush. I picked one up in the January sale in Taylors, it was only about £20. They're good and small taking up minimal washbag room, but they still perform well and they come in a nice ventilated tube which allows the brush to dry, at least to an extent.
I'm away for 10 days from this week round 3 different countries, and a travel brush is a real boon on that sort of trip. 5 pack of blades, a tube of cream, and you're mobile.

Pop into your local Coop or Somerville as it used to be and buy a tube of mixed dry herbs for less than a £. You'll find the plastic tube is ideal for almost any brush :)
Regareds, beejay

I travel a lot for work, I trawl eBay for old grooming kits, I have a fair few now and most of them will include a pair of chrome travel tubes as well as a Gillette tech. Stuff a stick of palmolive in one tube, a cheapy travel brush in the other and there you go, travel in style. You might even luck out and score an original travel brush into the deal.

I even keep palmolive stick and a pack or two of blades in my Dublin and Manchester offices, That way I can do most flights with just carry on luggage.

Thanks for the tips guys, much appreciated. In the end I ordered the Vulfix 2190 which I'll use during the week and keep by NF 2213 for that special shave at the weekend. ;)

I carry mine in a lovely dark tan shoulder-holster made in Cairo years ago for my uncle when he was there on one of his "Business" trips.
Apart from my replacing the adjuster-straps it is as good as new.
Incidentally, I love the use of "NF Silvertip 2213" as a euphemism - best I've heard yet!

One tip to bear in mind is to make sure that whatever case you end up with has some provision for ventilation - so that the brush can dry out a bit - otherwise it's a sure recipe for mildew. Most of the commercial bakelite travel cases have a hole drilled in the screw on lid - I think Edwin Jaggers do them for just a few quid - probably less than a fiver. In any event, when you've finished travelling with the brush, it's probably a very good idea to give it several days really drying out in the open air before putting it away again.

Waitrose own baking soda comes in a nice plastic tube just right for the job!
Just drill a few holes in the top and bottom for ventilation and then use the baking soda for baking or household cleaning. or get the wife to do that bit ;)

Back
Top Bottom