How much do Gillette Fatboy range?

hunnymonster said:
Robbo said:
In price that is. I would not want to be browsing through email and find out I paid over the odds lol.

Depends...

There are those that manage to scoop them off relatives for free... there are lucky bastards like me that scoop them for under a fiver.... then at the other end there are those that pay three figures...

Woo... Looking for a lucky bit on e bay then lol

Depends really. If I was to sell mine (which I'm not!) I'd want a min of £75 for it.

But for that it's boxed and mint. It even has warantee card (for gillette UK) and instructions.

Quite a find this one :)

moodymick said:
Sold mine on here for £40, boxed.

It was a case of good riddance as far as I was concerned as i just did not get on with it at all.

Much preferred the shave from a Slim - only my opinion :|

What's the difference between the two?

Robbo said:
In price that is. I would not want to be browsing through email and find out I paid over the odds lol.

Hi there,

Well, you can sometimes see a daily beater in good shaving condition for maybe $25-30, but it ain't gonna be a beauty. Seems like one in decent to good shape will start at about $35, up to maybe $50 or so for a cleaner example. Any higher than that and you're being taken advantage of, unless the razor's in extremely nice shape. If you're patient a good looking piece will show up for the lower $35 number. Heh, then the only problem is to grab it before it's sold. Having a case in good shape can add maybe another $15-20.

Those are the prices I see over at some other shaving forums. From what I understand, fatboy prices are a bit nuts on ebay right now.

Martin

moodymick said:

It was a case of good riddance as far as I was concerned as i just did not get on with it at all.

Hi there,

You know, I hear that a lot. For various reasons, the Fatboy just isn't a good fit for some members. Seems that in many cases a Slim does the trick much better. I totally agree with you about em shaving differently, and it's strange to see people type about there being no difference between the two. You and I know that's not the case.

Heh, I'm on the opposite side......I much prefer the Fatboy and haven't used a Slim (except to test one before sending it out) for many years. The Slim's a good razor, but nothing like a Fatboy.

Funny how that works,

Martin

dodgy said:
moodymick said:

Hi there,

You know, I hear that a lot. For various reasons, the Fatboy just isn't a good fit for some members. Seems that in many cases a Slim does the trick much better. I totally agree with you about em shaving differently, and it's strange to see people type about there being no difference between the two. You and I know that's not the case.

Heh, I'm on the opposite side......I much prefer the Fatboy and haven't used a Slim (except to test one before sending it out) for many years. The Slim's a good razor, but nothing like a Fatboy.

We had a bit of a debate a while back over the razor heads, I was convinced that the FB had a higher dome to it which for me affected the shave. Was probably more of a perception thing, but it certainly affected my shave :|

Funny how that works,

Martin

moodymick said:
We had a bit of a debate a while back over the razor heads, I was convinced that the FB had a higher dome to it which for me affected the shave. Was probably more of a perception thing, but it certainly affected my shave :|

Yep, that's exactly right. The Fatboy does have a more rounded and higher head, and that's one of the reasons it's unlike the Slim. Many people find it way more clunky and hard to use in tight spots, compared to the flatter and thinner Slim head profile.

Heh, you weren't imagining things,

Martin

I bought a Fatboy after reading all of the hype about them and it does deliver a good shave, but I found that my Slim delivered a better one and it seems that I am not alone when it comes to the Fatboy versus Slim comparison.

Adam D said:
I bought a Fatboy after reading all of the hype about them and it does deliver a good shave, but I found that my Slim delivered a better one and it seems that I am not alone when it comes to the Fatboy versus Slim comparison.

Hi there,

There's been a few polls I've seen about choosing between the two razors. I believe the one over at B&B had the members about split 50/50 on their voting favorite. Yeah, the Fatboy may get more hype, but the fans are about even on both sides.

Heh, I think there was a poll here too a while back. I have selective amnesia and may have blocked that whole unpleasant episode, but I can't say for sure. It's just a bad feeling I have.......

Martin

Hahaha!

I prefer the Fatboy head to the slim one. I guess I could adapt to the slim head but no need at the moment as the fatboy ticks my boxes.

Lol@antdad! :lol:

I used my Slim for several months and thought it provided a great shave, then picked up a Fatboy and it was even better. They do shave differently and it's worth trying both out for yourself if you can. I prefer the shorter handle of the Fatboy, although that's not the only difference. You can probably pick up a Slim a bit cheaper than a Fatboy but there's not going to be much in it. On ebay to pick up one of either in decent condition that is properly advertised then you are probably looking at £30+ for the Slim and £35+ for a Fatboy. If you are willing to look around a bit on there and maybe take a chance on blurry photos or condition, then you can pick them up for considerably less. Also the Fatboy looks cooler.

Back
Top Bottom