How much do Gillette Fatboy range?

I'm struggling getting to grips what setting best suits me. Got mine back last week after Steve restored it and used it for 3 shaves and each one my face felt sore, fiery and irritated. Never had that using my EJ 89L. Used my new Merkur 34C tonight and it felt a sense of relief on my face. Will be using that till my chops calm down.

Twinnumber2 said:
I'm struggling getting to grips what setting best suits me. Got mine back last week after Steve restored it and used it for 3 shaves and each one my face felt sore, fiery and irritated. Never had that using my EJ 89L. Used my new Merkur 34C tonight and it felt a sense of relief on my face. Will be using that till my chops calm down.

Try dialling it down a notch or two and using a sharper blade Gillette 7 o'clock yellows or Superthins work ell for me)

I rarely go above 4 on mine and have never had a bad shave r any soreness.

i never ever got to grips with gillettes...always seem flimsy to me and not comfortable at all

altho not a collector i have yet to get my hands on a fatboy to finish my quest of disappointment

moodymick said:
Sold mine on here for £40, boxed.

It was a case of good riddance as far as I was concerned as i just did not get on with it at all.

Much preferred the shave from a Slim - only my opinion :|

And well received ;) but still prefer the Slim over the Fat.

I have a couple of slims and a beater fatboy. I find both comfortable to work with but the shallower head on the slim gives it the edge for me.

I wouldn't part with the fb, it is a design icon. It is as 50's Americana as you can get. Actually, wasn't it your old shave grade one dodgy?

ebilpirate said:
I have a couple of slims and a beater fatboy. I find both comfortable to work with but the shallower head on the slim gives it the edge for me.

I wouldn't part with the fb, it is a design icon. It is as 50's Americana as you can get. Actually, wasn't it your old shave grade one dodgy?

Yep, that's one of the three I sent out a while back, along with the slim and flare tip. Turned out the slim ended up a better fit than the fatboy eh? Funny how that works out.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom