How much do you drink (closed - import broke the thread)

How much do you drink

• Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With a meal

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Couple of beers after work

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2 or 3 times a week

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • never

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • not enough

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how much oyu guys drink, i added a poll although i dont think it covers all options.

I used to go straight from work to the pub (im single) almost every night, for what the locals call the after work club, be out again by 7 or 8 but its just not good for your health.

I know drink probably once a week in a pub and once a week at home.

How about you?

Re: How much do you drink

At the risk of being called 'picky', your poll asks "How much do you drink" but only lists options that would be more suited to the question "How often do you drink".
:)

Anyway, very little. Maybe 2 glasses of something per week.

Ian

Oi picky :D yes you are totally correct, i unfortunately never learnt the ability of string together coherent sentences let alone spelling.

Just interested in everyones beer intake, i think i may drink a little more than i realsie and may keep a drinking diary for a month.

If I'm working the next day I don't drink because it's incompatible with getting up at daft o'clock and operating machinery. Usually, that just leaves Saturday night: half a bottle of wine. However, there are occasions when alcohol intake is necessary for medicinal reasons, in which case it's scotch or, er, absinthe :mrgreen: , taken in moderation of course.

I've clicked 'never' as it's the closest to 'rarely' that I could see. I could quite happily never drink again, but it is sociable and every now and again I do get a tad merry. A good friend gave us a Magnum of Champagne to celebrate our new baby boy. We shared it between four of us last month to celebrate my sister-in-law's pregnancy (she just had a small glass!).

What I would miss is alcohol in food. A coq au vin, boozy trifle, chili con carne made with red wine etc.

We need a 'Yummy' emoticon!! :D

At the moment I am abstaining....

from voting in polls about how much I drink ;)

on my last night -shifts i had to do a medical at work and part of it was a lifestyle questionnaire with the nurse.
"how many units of alcohol do you drink a week?" she said
well due to my shift rota i don't drink when i'm on rostered on, up at 5, home at 11 or nights, so it's only rest days for me.
2 weekends out of every 5
Sat afternoon sesh at rugby club and home the right side of mid-night
so i said "2-4 a week on average"
strange looks from her i.e. LIAR

i do have a few blow outs during the year though, 6 nations, visiting friends that live far away etc

so i'll vote - BINGE DRINKER :lol:

I almost always drink with a meal... sh*t that means three times a day.
I've got cut back on the Advocat instead of milk in my cereal.

Usually wine with evening meal only, so everyday but rarely more than one glass usually half more often.

Single whisky or gin every night before meals at home. One bottle of wine for two spread over two days- about once a fortnight. When dining out couple of times a month, one pint of real ale (Ringwood Old Thumpers if available) When at dinner parties with friends - I don't keep tabs.

The Group Captain works for a wine company (one of those £15 a bottle ones . . . not Thresher) and we both can't stand the stuff.

I'll have a few pints on the odd Saturday at the football and one or two glasses of malt whisky (Islay mainly) once a week. A pint with a pub lunch is compulsory too and I'm helping to keep the "Friday lunch-time pint" tradition alive whenever I get the chance.

I'm as happy drinking "cooking lager" as I am a nice pint of mild, or Hoegaarden.

On a Friday night anywhere between 4-8 pints depending on mood.
On a 'Sardy' night anywhere between 1-5 cocktails depending...

I beleive according to the government anything more than sniffing a glass of wine counts you as a binge drinker! :)

When I started my drinking career we didn't have "binge drinking" we had "the weekend"... I'm sure if they shit-canned all the alcopops a lot of the teenyboppers would stop drinking so much... they all used to drink cider in my day, now it's supersweet stuff that tastes exactly like pop but makes you fall down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom