How much do you drink (closed - import broke the thread)

How much do you drink

• Once a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • With a meal

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Couple of beers after work

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 2 or 3 times a week

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • never

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • not enough

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How much do you drink

Just this week I've had my first alcohol (wine and beer) for three months. I just didn't fancy it when I was really ill (first two months) and also contraindicated with some of the meds (final month).

It's been nice to be able to have a glass (just the one) of an evening. But when I was off it I kept thinking about how nice it would be to have a drink; now, having had a few glasses of wine and a can of beer (over the course of a week) I realise it's not that great.

I think for me it was a signifier of being well, so drinking was a marker or milestone that indicated my recovery, rather than a thing in itself.

Ironically, now I can drink I don't much want to so perhaps there's also an element of wanting the thing that is beyond us or forbidden.

I'm for destigmatizing booze if I can, lemonade with wine and beer at the table for kids above a certain age, mostly they don't like it which is fine.

Having said that my dad used to give me chocolate cigarettes and I ended up smoking for twenty years hence the lolly's :shock:

Yeah, I tried "destigmatising" it with my eight year old daughter. She's eleven now and an expert in real ales ("nothing too hoppy for me dad, but something with colour and a bit of body . . . no leave the yeast in the bottle").

Bloody hell it used to be my beer.

More than the options!

A couple of cans and half a bottle of wine most nights, a whiskey or two with my book in bed every other night on top.
More at the weekend. Too much I know but I work hard and think I deserve it, same as any shaving expence.

C

One of my pals calls round on a Tuesday night and Wednesday is my day off so we'd have a couple of beers or glasses of wine then. I'd share a bottle of wine, or sometimes two, with the wife on a Saturday night and a bottle with dinner on Sunday. I suppose you could call me a binge drinker if you count up what I drink at the weekend :eek:

Both my other half and I try to abstain during the week, but looking back at the last fortnight... we managed a bottle between us every week-night except one... and another bottle each friday, saturday and sunday.

Just realised how much that adds up to :?

And I'm not counting the scotch.

neocaligatio said:
Both my other half and I try to abstain during the week, but looking back at the last fortnight... we managed a bottle between us every week-night except one... and another bottle each friday, saturday and sunday.

Just realised how much that adds up to :?

And I'm not counting the scotch.

I didnt realise how much i was drinking until i started adding it up.

RE: How much do you drink

I have a glass to a glass and a half of cabernet or Shiraz with my evening meal every day.........Be it with Fillet Steak or Egg and Chips....I consider it part of my daily fruit ration.....Its the last vice I have left,and I'm keeping it.

Beer I never drink at all....just don't have the head for the stuff.....I gave it a good try when I was younger...but there you are......

I may also have the very occasional glass of spirits ......when the mood takes me.....usually late evening.

How much do you drink

' we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen ninety nine'. Turned fifty; new wife; new family; new habits.
Yes, it remember them fondly!

How much do you drink

'we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen ninety nine.'
New wife, new family, new habits.
Yes, I remember them all fondly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom