How To Lather Martin De Candre...?

I seem to be struggling with this soap gents, any advice? I've tried using more water, and less, but I'm just not getting a really slick lather going... Where am I going wrong?

Any help, greatly appreciated.

Try to start and load with a drier brush than before, takes a little longer but well worth it, if it works. When you have gotten rid of the amount of water (after the soking) like normal, pinch the knot once, close to the tips and then start to load...

I just received a bowl of this today. To add to what Mikael says, I whirled my damp 620 on the soap until i had a thick paste coverring the bristle tips. I wet my face & started lathering. I added a few drops of water into the breach of the brush twice & I was rewarded with a first class creamy lather in fairly quick time.

The lather has great glide & cushioning properties, I'm hooked.

Perished said:
I seem to be struggling with this soap gents, any advice? I've tried using more water, and less, but I'm just not getting a really slick lather going... Where am I going wrong?

You need to send it to me so that I can lather it, and then when I am satified that I have got the correct technique, I'll return it along with detailed instructions.

Could take 6 months or so, though.....

:icon_wink:

Ian

IanM said:
Perished said:

You need to send it to me so that I can lather it, and then when I am satified that I have got the correct technique, I'll return it along with detailed instructions.

Could take 6 months or so, though.....

:icon_wink:

Ian

Nice try... :icon_cool:

I tried using a new brush last night on it, better results. Semogue 2010 LE silvertip. Seemed to work better than either my Simpsons Chubby 2 in best or Shavemac silvertip. But tonight I'll defo try the 'paste' technique.

I use the MdC in rotation so it takes quite a while before I use it again. the surface dries and yes I also have trouble sometimes to achieve the lather I want from this soap.

What works very well is brush with thicker hairs. Boar or some two bands. I have the best results with the Semogue Caravela.

Back
Top Bottom