How would you introduce shaving to someone who has zero knowledge on how to do it?

I've done a lot of looking up about it, and a lot of guides, articles, and posts are abotu specific aspects of shaving like which razors to use, and next to no introduction to the different things to know about it. I have lots of facial hair and want to figure out the best way to shave and take care of it. What would you tell an absolute beginner, what things should they research, and what shaving terms should they know?

Take time with the pre-shave preparation. For the first 3 months, use 1 razor, 1 soap, 1 brush and whatever blades you want, that way you'll get to learn what blades work for you and what don't. Using the same gear for an extended period initially (3 months) will help the technique, and things will become to feel more natural with repetition. It's not a race and consider watching this playlist as a starting point:

Last edited:
I honestly think that all the choices and info available online nowadays is unhelpful and confusing. People used to buy what was available locally and use it.

Sticking to one setup for a while is good advice.

Last edited:
4830c3bd79306254481da87eff788558.jpg

Back
Top Bottom