Howdy!

Hey guys (and girls),

My name is Les, I've been lurking about on this forum (and a few others) and I thought I'd introduce myself at this great UK based one.

I've recently returned to wet shaving. I've had a beard for pretty much as long as I can remember, occasionally testing the shaving waters with a period of beardlessness here and there.
However, I always found shaving problematic and expensive. I have very sensitive skin (perfumed products tend to burn and non-perfumed ones tend to dry my skin to the point of soreness) and a rather think stubble which is pretty curly and grows in odd directions and this tends to lead to much soreness and ingrown hairs. Also, due to the fact I can only get 2 shaves from a blade/cartridge, it's too damned expensive. :evil:

Recently, while looking at better shaving methods, I remembered the old single blade disposables I used to use were much better than these multi-blades nowadays and so I've recently started shaving with a DE razor. Other than the odd problem, due to mistakes and lack of experience, it has been great. I can now actually shave daily with very little irritation and no ingrown hairs. Now, I'm also really interested in trying a straight razor too. :D

So hopefully you all won't mind all my inane banter and questions :roll: ;)

Back
Top Bottom