How's YOUR day?

My day was fair braw, so it was. Went for a wee daunder up the Pentland hills which are just about on my doorstep. Went up Turnhouse hill and Carnethy then took the Flotterstone road down. T'was grand! Mate Andy has a fancy phone (they're all fancy to me!) and recorded our stats on summat called Runkeeper:

Activity: Hiking
Distance: 11.49 km
Duration: 3:17:46
Avg Pace: 17:12
Avg Speed: 3.49
Climb: 547m

Nae three bad for a fat git like me. Apparently we burned a thooosand calories an' all. Bonus! Only reason we took so long was that we likes a wee tea break and Earl Grey on the slopes is so darn civilized, dontcha know?

Here's Toby Dog who likes sheep almost as much as me....:rolleyes:

22485461819_00f223aaa2_h.jpg

Poor old bugger is fast asleep in his bed now!

My day was fair braw, so it was. Went for a wee daunder up the Pentland hills which are just about on my doorstep. Went up Turnhouse hill and Carnethy then took the Flotterstone road down. T'was grand! Mate Andy has a fancy phone (they're all fancy to me!) and recorded our stats on summat called Runkeeper:

Activity: Hiking
Distance: 11.49 km
Duration: 3:17:46
Avg Pace: 17:12
Avg Speed: 3.49
Climb: 547m

Nae three bad for a fat git like me. Apparently we burned a thooosand calories an' all. Bonus! Only reason we took so long was that we likes a wee tea break and Earl Grey on the slopes is so darn civilized, dontcha know?

Here's Toby Dog who likes sheep almost as much as me....:rolleyes:

22485461819_00f223aaa2_h.jpg

Poor old bugger is fast asleep in his bed now!

Honestly that sounds like a fantastic day.
Great looking dog btw.

Honestly that sounds like a fantastic day.
Great looking dog btw.
Aye, t'was grand and he's braw dog in all respects. He might be just a black n' tan rescue dog but I'd take him over all the pedigree thoroughbreds in the world any day. Loyal to a fault and don't what I'd have done without him these last few years. Cannae say he takes his good looks from his Faither though....:rolleyes:

Church Parade for Remembrance Sunday today. My Cubs done me proud, only one didn't make it, they marched very well in great formation. Scouting doesn't really make a point on marching. They were well behaved in and outside the church, and all sang the national anthem. One very proud Cub leader here. Thursday they will all get a small thank you from the sweet shop.

Hiya,

Yesterday I was near a breakfast restaurant I'd been to in the past but not for a while. New store is there now and makes only pies mostly. Sweet and savory types with a few buttermilk biscuit/scone items too. Not open at the time (before 9 am).

Great sounding desert and dinner ones for sure.

Martin

After a lot of time and money, Birmingham's biggest railway station New Street opened it's refurbished shopping area called Grand Central recently. We took a trip to do some Christmas shopping and I came across a store called Kiehls that sells creams, potions and lotions of all kinds. I tried their men's face cream and some shampoo & conditioner which all feel really good. They put in s few samples of aftershave balm which is also very good.

Today I am waiting patiently at home for the Highways Agency to come visit about dropping the kerb so I can have a driveway built. Parking in my cul-de-sac is dire at the best of times, and it's getting worse with more than 30 properties and parking for at best, 11 vehicles. I should be able to fit 3 on my drive, so the wife and I will be able to park with ease.

Today I am waiting patiently at home for the Highways Agency to come visit about dropping the kerb so I can have a driveway built. Parking in my cul-de-sac is dire at the best of times, and it's getting worse with more than 30 properties and parking for at best, 11 vehicles. I should be able to fit 3 on my drive, so the wife and I will be able to park with ease.

Until the thick idiots park on the dropped kerb !

Well it's a chill out day here. I've been making a few worry doll key rings ready for the weekend and Scout fund raising.

I'm going to have a small op on my back tomorrow , three NF1 lumps to be "dug" out as the surgeon put it. So after that an easy week, I've been told not to go to Cubs and Scouts by the Group Scout Leader, which will mean I will miss a meeting for the second time in 7 1/2 years ! So it will be feet up and a few films to watch.

Back
Top Bottom