I Cut Myself

This is an admission, but in no way a cry for help. I just wanted to share the experience and the sense of frustration of nicking yourself at an unfortunate time or in an obvious place. Now...I must say in my defence I do not cut myself often, but when I do it's always at the most in appropriate time.I never cut myself when I have got all day, with nothing planned, nothing to do. Derby blades have got it in for me for sure, it's the only blade I cut myself with, fortunately I am on the last one and wont be buying any more(at least for a while) just in case there is something to this theory.
When I do cut myself, it's always on the chin, unless I slice the top of a juvenile spot that hadn't really grown big enough to get noticed. But the chin area is my downfall, I try to be careful, take my time, but am sometimes lulled into over confident strokes of the blade resulting in a sharp pain followed by a spot of blood, which can develop into a trickle down the chin( as happened today). My immediate thought was "I'm going to need stitches" but it turned out to feel worse than it was, but only slightly! No ammout of styptic pen was going to stop this( and anyway it stings like hell). In the end I resorted to tissue paper stuck to my chin while I drove
to work, nobody was going to see me at that time, or so I thought. Unfortunately by the time I got there I had forgotten all about it, until the laughter started and the finger pointing.Anyway, I now have a quarter inch deep cut on my chin, deeper at one end than the other and obvious for all to see. All this just two days before an interview...cursed cut!

Gosh, I hope it all goes well! You can always try to make up a story to impress at the interview..something along the lines of saving a stunning damsel in distress..

I feel for you because I've certainly done similar things on a number of unfortunate occasions...

Keep your chin up!:icon_razz: sorry, too easy:blush:

BillyHoyle said:
I feel for you because I've certainly done similar things on a number of unfortunate occasions...

Who hasn't had something just as unfortunate happen to them. For me, it's normally a case of having an interview after I finish work and so I have to wear my interview shirt and trousers into work that day (leaving the jacket and tie in the car).

Can pretty much guarantee that by the end of the day, I've dribbled coffee down my shirt :/

All the best for the interview whiterosegent!

I have a tiny mole right in the centre of my chin. To be avoided at all costs. I rushed a shave recently before dashing to the Doctor for a routine check up. For the first time in years I nicked the dreaded mole. I just couldn't stop the bleeding. I turned up at the surgery a few minutes late with an oversized plaster in a very prominent position. During the check up they tried to take a blood sample. With difficulty. I reckon they could have had a pint from my mole earlier!

With a bit of luck it might be not much more than a memory come interview time. A bit of Savlon or some such might help. Otherwise it's the old adopt a haughty bearing and a German accent, and introduce yourself as the Count Von Kramm of Heidelberg routine, having adjusted your CV to suit.

Omg.. Do you really have to wait till the last derby's been used up? Are you subconsciously punishing yourself for something? ;)
My nicking problems ended as soon as I said to those farewell. Well, and changed a cream.

Just relax, before you take a stroke think to yourself what you're going to do as soon as you're on way to work, which route you'll take and what you need to do when you get home. Take a few deep breaths, put the cigarette down first and then begin. If it helps at all, whistle out the window, just make sure that you're relaxed. You'll probably find it helps to plan your relaxing shave before you try and cram it into a 30second window.

The most important thing about doing any task is to remember the seven p's, proper planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance. If you're not planning to have a relaxing shave, you probably won't.

Hope it helps. I know I'm still fighting to spend enough time on the job that everyone will be looking at all day.

Stick to shortish strokes negotiating the chin, if you try and pull the ole I can do it one or two long strokes with a swivel head routine, you'll end up with a geometric chin.

It's like riding a bike, you fall off and scrape your knee, but you get back on and hope no one notices.

I was full of trepidation when I first started, until you realise that loads of men have shaven like this for years before us, infact we have it easy, so patch it up, have a brew and get on with the day!

Regarding the interview, a small nick on the chin shows that you are a perfectionist....

A

whiterosegent said:
[size=medium]
.Anyway, I now have a quarter inch deep cut on my chin, deeper at one end than the other and obvious for all to see. All this just two days before an interview...cursed cut!

Hi there,

Only 1/4 inch deep? That little slice should only take maybe 1-2 months to sorta heal over. You go little deeper and you can see the bone, Now that's kinda creepy..

Martin

BillyHoyle said:
Keep your chin up!:icon_razz: sorry, too easy:blush:
Yes way to easy...but thanks anyway ;)

Fido said:
During the check up they tried to take a blood sample. With difficulty. I reckon they could have had a pint from my mole earlier!

I know the feeling :)

Arrowhead said:
With a bit of luck it might be not much more than a memory come interview time. A bit of Savlon or some such might help. Otherwise it's the old adopt a haughty bearing and a German accent, and introduce yourself as the Count Von Kramm of Heidelberg routine, having adjusted your CV to suit.
I like it ! but...lets hope it dont come to that.

Helveticum said:
Omg.. Do you really have to wait till the last derby's been used up? Are you subconsciously punishing yourself for something? ;)
My nicking problems ended as soon as I said to those farewell. Well, and changed a cream.
:) no I dont have to wait, it just worked out that way in my blade rotation. Am I subconsciously punishing myself for something?...maybe. Hopefully my nicking problems are over too. :)

dodgy said:
whiterosegent said:
[size=medium]
.Anyway, I now have a quarter inch deep cut on my chin, deeper at one end than the other and obvious for all to see. All this just two days before an interview...cursed cut!

Hi there,

Only 1/4 inch deep? That little slice should only take maybe 1-2 months to sorta heal over. You go little deeper and you can see the bone, Now that's kinda creepy..

Martin

Sorry there seems to be some confusion due to a missing comma after the word "inch". To clarify the cut was a quarter of an inch long AND also was deep, deeper at one end than the other.

Back
Top Bottom