I have a cunning plan? Themed SOTD.

How about this, to me shave of the week can be a trifle boring at times looking at the same pictures week in week out, how would a themed shave of the week go down, can be linked to any three subjects, film, musical, or historical event, it will be interesting who first picks the film deep throat as a theme, but God help the person who goes with brokeback mountain. anyway what do you think as a bit of fun. PS, and i'm as guilty as anyone for posting those boring photo's! ;)

Jamie.

Re: I have a cunning plan? Themed SOTW.

It can be fun, this was one of mine from last x-mas:
PC220015800x600.jpg

That's great Mikael, it could turn up some really good shot's, I dont really have anything in mind but I bet some people could really push the boat out on this one.

Jamie

If this goes ahead any chance I can nominate 28th May or 12th August.
Obviously, as (almost) everyone knows these are the birth and death dates of the late Ian Lancaster Fleming. I can hardly dare imagine what photos may appear on a "James Bond" themed shave of the day.

JohnnyO. \ :cool:

JohnnyO said:
If this goes ahead any chance I can nominate 28th May or 12th August.
Obviously, as (almost) everyone knows these are the birth and death dates of the late Ian Lancaster Fleming. I can hardly dare imagine what photos may appear on a "James Bond" themed shave of the day.

JohnnyO. \ :cool:

Johnny
Currently working my way through the novels. I've came a bit late to the party. They are brilliant. Pure escapism.

Cheers

I think it's a good idea - also think mind mind isn't twisted/creative enough to make it work :( I'm too much an engineer (which I'm in general happy about though)

Like the 'silly' one with the brush, tub & bowls - I think it's fun but for the life of me would not have thought it up.

/m

When did you post that pic "M"? Oh, now I remember - was in Greece during Xmas with limited web access...

Ok.

I'm in.

But we need to choose a theme.
Something related to spring, for example?
Any event or anniversary in the UK that particular week (whichever week is chosen) that can be a trigger?

If you like James Bond, just wait till you get to the novels by James Munro ( a pen name) featuring John Craig. From "The Man Who Sold Death" on through "The Money that Money Can't Buy" , "Die Rich Die Happy" they are tailor made for anyone who enjoys Bond. Not to mention the "Richard Stark" novels featuring the amoral & dangerous Parker.

I'm not sure about "silly" shaving escapades as I'd be starting with a natural advantage, being the kinda guy who arrives unarmed for a battle of wits.

JohnnyO. \ :?

I'm in, no ideas for a theme off the top of my head though. It's always a bit of fun, recently there was a one day only theme at SRP where everyone included their national flag which caused me a good deal of head scratching because the only flag in the house was a Jolly Roger, but I digress. So, when are we planning to do this, then?

My Christmas effort:
SOTD241210.jpg

^^^^nice scales...

shall we do it one day, like that "palm Sunday" we had recently?
(well, come to think about it, that was a theme day, wasn't it?)

or shall we do a 'week' theme SOTD?

I propose either this coming Sunday 8th (if day theme), or this coming week (if week theme)...

theme: hmmm let's think... :roll:

We could have a current affairs theme, shouldn't be too hard with Vincent Tabak in the news.

Or we could have a SOTW using products from the most far flung country you can find. Bonus point if the country is in the grip of an uprising or civil war.

N_Architect said:
^^^^nice scales...
They're mine :p

I do like the idea of themed SOTD/W, the one problem with what current affairs could bring is a political debate, like we've had a few on here that ended in tears..
And of course, what might be far flung to some , is home for some others here... (Sweden, Latvia, Greece, Hungary, Slovenia etc....)

One thing that would be nice is to have a as stereotypical SOTD depending on where you live.

I.e. I associate, Oxford with books, dictionaries etc... each region/town must have something particular.
For those living in foreign countries, the can do a country themed on. (Mikael moose/elk/snow/ikea/smörgås etc...)

Max

or we could all do a country a week, all the same, I'm sure everyone will come up with their own idea of "typical" things in a country.
I.e. start the ball rolling with the UK, then Ireland, and on to the rest of europe, and beyond!

Back
Top Bottom