I Just Retired To Become A Full-Time Shaving Advocate!

congratulations on the start of your freedom! haha =) a huge thank you as well, your easy style and gentle humour make your vids a joy. i hope your retirement is long and prosperous.

Did your ex-colleagues buy you anything original as a leaving present? A new brush and a couple of pucks maybe?
Congratulations on jumping off the treadmill. Now you can enjoy doing what you love.
As for your role, just keep telling us what's good in the world of shaving!

Omp said:
Did your ex-colleagues buy you anything original as a leaving present? A new brush and a couple of pucks maybe?
Congratulations on jumping off the treadmill. Now you can enjoy doing what you love.
As for your role, just keep telling us what's good in the world of shaving!
*Harumph*...they said for me to be careful not to let the door hit me on the butt on the way out. :dodgy:

(Actually that's not quite true, I got some balloons and a cake. *Then* they kicked me out the door. :dodgy: )

Good luck on your new venture. I started this caper thanks to yourself and GeoFatBoy. The first videos I watched taught me so much.

Congratulations on the retirement Mark.

A quick on for you, I gave into peer pressure from the wife to try not shaving and 6 weeks in and I am fed up and desperate to shave my new face cover off.........

Any advice first?
Can I just go straight in with the DE89 or should I use the clippers to get as much off as possible first.

ATB
Matt

salop sniper said:
Congratulations on the retirement Mark.

A quick on for you, I gave into peer pressure from the wife to try not shaving and 6 weeks in and I am fed up and desperate to shave my new face cover off.........

Any advice first?
Can I just go straight in with the DE89 or should I use the clippers to get as much off as possible first.

ATB
Matt

Clippers Matt. There is no way a DE89 will cope with six weeks of beard growth. The blade gap is too small and the razor way too mild for that. You'd need a straight or an adjustable to mow that down without clipping it first.

I wanted to write something witty and clever in this thread as I feel like I'm talking to one of the Traditional Shaving Celebrities.

I like many others have watched your videos many times, and recommend them to my colleagues when they 'See the light'.

I especially liked seeing one the other day in which you used an aggressive Merkur and were not afraid to show all of the nicks you had acquired on your misjudged 3rd pass. I mention this because it showed that the elite like yourself still occasionally have a poor shave and that we shouldn't loose heart when it happens to us.

Glad to have you onboard, enjoy your retirement and please don't forget about us on this forum, you will find a different outlook and humour here.

Back
Top Bottom