I never said ugly about any razor..until now

Really? I find it quite interesting and love the industrial/steam punk look.
Also, if memory serves me right this was one of the very, very earliest razor that had a way to adjust the blade to your personal liking so there's also a historical value here.

To me, an 'ugly' razor is more something very boring in appearance like the Standard razor for instance.

Luckily this is all completely YMMV :)

Very nice looking razor. From an engineering-perspective it's quite perfect: everything non-functional is stripped away and you're left with something more functional than was available before.
Pity it no longer has the blades.

i like the look of those SE razors before it all became standardised and streamlined. Some of the razors owned by the SE enthusiasts here are amazing - would make a good picture thread!

I'm assuming that the two screws at the top enable you to adjust the blade position, including using the razor like a slant by tightening 1 screw slightly more than the other. The spring may enable the head to adjust to facial contours.

VERY fly! VERY fly, indeed!

I've passed over a number of these as I just can't see how to get a modern blade to work in them. If I could, I'd have one in.

The back clip holds a wedge shaped hollow ground blade, and it's the shape of the wedge that retains it; the screws move it laterally for more or less blade presentation. It's the shape that makes it work so a flat blade just wouldn't (I think think ...) without a jig to sit on.

This, L'Essor, Le Grelot, Le Touriste, all lovely looking razors.

I have, however said "ugly" about a razor ... and it's a modern one.

Back
Top Bottom