ID help on razor and what should be in set

Dave in KY

Monkeying Around
Gillette Travel Set my dad got as a gift for his 21st trip around the sun when he was stationed with the Air Force in England. It was missing the razor so I bought this "Made in England" Tech. Probably the wrong one and would like to know from the Tech Gurus what this one is and what the correct one would be. ( @pjgh @Tony'schin @TobyC etc ) This one is a rough specimen, Made in England aluminum base plate and handle but heavier top cap with the Gillette logo. Also wonder what brush it may have had in these sets? Thanks for any help !! Have a great day !!
oPKgyW5.jpg

YUF8xYy.jpg

IMG_20221217_072902772.jpg

No, you are probably about right with that particular model Dave.

I've seen a LOT with the '50s style, particularly etched. In fact, while building up my collection I often found it cheaper to buy in a Gentleman's Set purely for the razor than go for just the razor in auctions. Often overlooked.

'50s ... not '40s. '50s ... but not aluminium parts. By the '60s it'd all turned plastic.

Nice!

1671303238274.png
My NOS set came in the shipper, I swapped the "hair" brush for another soap container. The brush that came with it was the Culmak junior. The hand soap is a bar of vintage cussons. No shave soap though as far as I remember (I may have to check it). The Razor is the crosshatch version as in @TobyC 's post.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom