Identify these razors please

Hello Gents,

Can you please help me to identify these razors, i have never used one of these ever and where to get blades from, is the shaves different then the DE, they have not been cleaned yet, just out of the wild, thank you for the help.

Mixrow_zpsb02f2873.jpg

Mix2_zps0f07c2cb.jpg

Mix1_zps6b5f32c3.jpg

This came cased
Everready3_zps1626e40e.jpg

Everready1_zps5d9cfe94.jpg

i have no idea what in gods name this is :huh:
What_zpsd715d0f5.jpg

What2_zps7fc1cd93.jpg

If you need more photos please let me know, also which one will be ideal for my first SE shave, all advice will be appreciated, are the blades expensive etc:

Mo

Mix1_zps6b5f32c3.jpg

Top left to right, then bottom left to right ...

GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Ever Ready 1912 (1930s) Chain Link handle
Ever Ready 1912 (1930s ... shorter handle) Chain Link handle
GEM Bullet Tip
GEM Contour
Unknown ... I'll nose through my Waits and respond to the other thread
Christy Hoe Type (you have bits missing)

The bakelite box is nice. I call that one the Chain Mail handle.

Nicely done Paul! Blades are available from Connaughts, if you have never had a go I would really suggest you do, my favourite shaving experience so far... http://connaughtshaving.com/ Enjoy!

Depends what you're used to but I'd start at the milder spectrum (contour or bullet tip), if they don't cut it then you can move up the aggression scale.

Greetings

The centre razor in the bottom row has me baffled, is it a SE razor? it looks like a DE.

The Christy razors (even if yours was all there) take a proprietary blade long obsolete but in any case are generally considered as pretty moderate shavers.

It would be nice to see some more pics of the odd unidentified razor and is there anything stamped on it?

A really good haul and all the normal SE's should give you a really good shave, obviously like DE's, some models you may prefer over others but all are very capable shavers.

Regards
Dick.

Back
Top Bottom