Ikon Slant

bigduncan said:
yeeeeeee haaaaaaaa

Take it you managed to buy one? Did you get it shipped to the UK?

I emailed Ikon yesterday about why they aren't shipping to the uk and got this response:

"We use 1st class mail and it offers no tracking details , this puts us liable if lost thru PayPal policies.

UK dealers will have stock. "

Guess I'm going to have to wait till Connaughts get them in stock. ;-(

I have ordered one and it is being sent to a friend in the US. I will be there early in September so will pick it up then. Total cost was USD154 (including shipping). Greg has sent me stuff direct before but I am worried about customs and VAT for a razor costing over £100.

I shall try it out and see what all the fuss is about. I moved my Merkur Slant on a few weeks ago. I am still umm'ing and ahh'ing about whether to abandon DE shaving altogether or keep a couple of decent razors back for whan I either fancy a change or do not have the time for a good SE (Cobra) or straight shave.

David

Brianpilman said:
From how I've read it for a uk customer you have to email fora priority shipping price and do business that way rather than through there web sales

Maybe he doesn't like me........ because I'm Asian or something. :)

I am only kidding with this comment BTW in no way am I insinuating that Greg is a racist but he might have lost out on me paying $100 for a razor head.

Must be a new policy. I've had two big orders direct from Ikon in the recent past. Possibly got burnt a couple of times and decided it wasn't worth risk.

I do have a New York based friend who has taken delivery of stuff for me previously, so I may be availing myself of his services once more..

Cheers

Jon

i was quoted ems shipping at $45 from greg
so that would be $35 extra approx £25 as his shipping cost is normal €10

mine cost £105.86 ( with shipping to usa)
so even with shipping costs would probable work out cheaper than conaught
they will probable charge £150 at a guess

then you have customs ........

Why, thank you, lads! Your posts prompted me to go look at the iKon site and I believe I bought the last of today's release.

Do we know what sort of handle these come with? A Bulldog I expect. If anybody wants to buy one please let me know - especially if you live in thhe States!! I can'r BST the handle yet because , of course, I don't have it to hand

One head purchased this morning, shipping to my buddy in upstate NY, so hope to get without customs and admin charges sometime soon.

My first slant and I'm looking forward to it. I've already got some Ikon handles so will be good to go when in arrives.

Cheers,

Jon

Back
Top Bottom