Import brush from Eu to Uk questions.

Hello!

I got in love with an Italian brush I bumped into the other night.
Price is very steep so bringing it to the UK would be really expensive, am I correct?
Do you have any advice for me?
I offered the shop to travel to the city, 30 pounds, but they say they only post to my place in the UK or to a hotel if staying in their country.
Wanna pick up your brains :D

thank you!

Hard to advise without numbers. There are thresholds for import duty. However, I can't see how it could be cheaper for you to travel abroad to collect, with the travel and accommodation costs, than it would be to have them ship it to the UK. Except of course if you were going to that country (?) anyway for holiday or to visit friends. In which case, get them to send it to the address there.

Hello!

I got in love with an Italian brush I bumped into the other night.
Price is very steep so bringing it to the UK would be really expensive, am I correct?
Do you have any advice for me?
I offered the shop to travel to the city, 30 pounds, but they say they only post to my place in the UK or to a hotel if staying in their country.
Wanna pick up your brains :D

thank you!
It shouldn't cost more than 8 to 10 Euros to post to the UK by their standard post ( with tracking)
If you want express DHL delivery it will cost more.
Standard tracked post should only take a week or so to reach the UK.

Paul.

HMRC assume tax is collected on anything up to £135 value at the point of sale. This means you're unlikely to be charged VAT below this value. Above £135 and you'll be paying 20% VAT plus the handling charge (£8 RM but higher for other couriers).

Looking at your screen grab, I'd estimate you'd be in for £50+ in fees. That said, some things glide in with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom