Importance of audible feedback

Roy

I'd never given this much thought before, until I tried a new handle on ATT r1 razor head.

It was quite loud when cutting my stubble. Silence meant either no stubble, or the wrong angle which was instantly corrected. Result, smooth skin after 2 passes plus touch up. And this with a so called mild razor.

I used to enjoy hearing my razors work, but too many years, guns, loud cars, and music, have made my shaving quite silent. Birds and crickets elude me as well, except for the permanent crickets that keep me company. Enjoy the toast scraping sound while you can, and try a vintage SE is you want to really hear it. ;)

I used to enjoy hearing my razors work, but too many years, guns, loud cars, and music, have made my shaving quite silent. Birds and crickets elude me as well, except for the permanent crickets that keep me company. Enjoy the toast scraping sound while you can, and try a vintage SE is you want to really hear it. ;)
I've seen a vintage everyday se for sale. Unusual but wonder what the shave would be like. Never tried se razors.

I used to enjoy the sound of stubble being cut, But alas the sound of heavy gunfire over the years has taken its toll on my hearing, now only certain frequencies get through...Stubble cutting not being one of them. It does have its plus side though, when being nattered at by my wife, for instance....I can claim "I never heard you"......Usually works well, but not always.

I've seen a vintage everyday se for sale. Unusual but wonder what the shave would be like. Never tried se razors.
Look for a 1912, they made millions of 'em. Doesn't mater what name is on them, GEM, Ever~Ready, Star, or Radio, they are fantastic razors that can still be had for 10 or 15 bucks,... there is also one called a GEM junior, even though it's not smaller, it's the same size.

Back
Top Bottom