In need of a new watch

Boots are always fine, but their shoes always rip me up at first. My last pair had a permanent lood stain in the lather lining at the heel!

I felt the pain this morning lol, I have ordered some of their wonder balsam to see if it really is as good as they say :p

Jim

Re: RE: In need of a new watch

jim3rg said:
Its being delivered by Yodel so it may take a while to get here but i will give some feedback.

Jim

Check to see if they have chucked it over your fence........

The Wasp said:
No customs to pay and arrived in 9 days from Moscow. The seller is Zenitar and he has a good rep on this forum..

My amphibian arrived today from zenitar, doesn't work.....................
First impressions are that they aren't that tough a watch after all...

Heavyd123 - Have you contacted the seller? I havent ordered mine yet and would be interested to find out what customer service you have. Wasp - what was your watch like ie. Build quality etc?

Mattlad - he would have to be an olympic gold medalist to try and lob my fence seeing I am on the 9th floor :p although on second thoughts it probably wont stop yodel trying.

Jim

Yes, contacted him, he said he will replace it. Its costing me another £9 or so to send it back though.
Got a nice new Nato strap and black bezel to go on it when it arrives in another few weeks....

The nato straps look good but I am a metal bracelet fan, the one I was looking at has a metal strap and black face, the bezel is blue with a red portion if memory serves.

Is the bezel easy to fit?

Jim

My watch is well built and started as soon as I wound it up to get it going, and I have worn it every day since it arrived , without any problems. Sorry to hear that you've had a bit of trouble with your order.

Northam Saint said:
jim3rg said:
They are a bit tough on the old heels until the leather softens, but yrs they are well worth it.

Jim

Not tried it but they do a product called Dr Martens Wonder Balsam, it's supposed to help in softening the leather.

The balsam arrived a few days ago and I applied it every night since. Tried on the shoes today and the leather seams softer but not as soft as I would like so I will wear them for a few hours during the day then balsam them at night and see how that goes.

It seams to have worked though.

Jim

jim3rg said:
Northam Saint said:
jim3rg said:
They are a bit tough on the old heels until the leather softens, but yrs they are well worth it.

Jim

Not tried it but they do a product called Dr Martens Wonder Balsam, it's supposed to help in softening the leather.

The balsam arrived a few days ago and I applied it every night since. Tried on the shoes today and the leather seams softer but not as soft as I would like so I will wear them for a few hours during the day then balsam them at night and see how that goes.

It seams to have worked though.

Jim

Great, do keep us updated on how it goes.

Thanks.

I have used the Balsam for about 4 days and yesterday I wore my DM shoes all day without blisters or raw heels, so for me at least the balsam seams to have worked.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom