In Praise of..........

Simpson's. Well sort of, I suppose it would be more accurate to say Progress Shaving Brush (Vulfix) Ltd if you are the picky type.

I wanted an Ehsan, as I missed out on the one sold by Antdad recently so in a fit of pique, I emailed Simpson's and asked if they could fix it for me or whether I would have to go through Bullgoose Shaving?

I was emailed back almost immediately by Mark (Watterson), the MD, who explained it was no problem but they were awaiting a delivery of 2B knots and that he would be in touch once in stock. When they were, he did and I pulled the trigger. I received further emails when complete and when dispatched.

All in all a very pleasant and satisfying transaction, with the moral here being I suppose, if you want it - you probably only need to ask!

...only when you charge 0.1% for selling a house. ;)

I've just had some communications with Progress Vulfix (Simpson) and I must say the customer service and feedback seems much much improved. Their pricing policy is also consistent with their retailers (at last) and the option of having them re-knot a brush seems more viable now.

It's good to see praise when it's deserved, I've just pulled the trigger on an Emperor E2 fan shaped 2 band, so far so good via email direct with mark.

Back
Top Bottom