Inkless metal pens

These look really intriguing,

http://www.cultpens.com/i/q/AX31037/axel-weinbrecht-beta-inkless-metal-pocket-pen

I work in an office but with frequent trips into the factory. I keep my nice fountain pens and mech pencils on my desk. When I go 'outside' I always take a note pad or post-it note pad and a cheap biro.
I'd like to up the quality, for no other reason than I like cool pens and pencils.

Only thing stopping me getting one straight away is that I am worried they are too nice and that I will be worried about losing it or breaking it or messing it up in the factory.

So does anyone have real experience of these inkless pens? Looks like the sort of thing I would be able to use in a semi-dirty factory environment.

Or does anyone have a better suggestion?
I do have a Cleo Messograf that is really ideal for my industry, but its too nice and I don't tend to take it out of the office. I don't want (or need) another cool pen for the desk.

They look really interesting. One impracticality it appears to share with the Fisher Space Pen is lack of grip, which could be an issue in the workplace. Perhaps a heatshrink covering would help?! :)

I'm intrigued by those myself, but I'd go for the longer version. For me 5cm would render it useless for anything but the very briefest of notes, which would be a pity if you really liked it.

I'm not too sure on the length of them.
The idea for me is to use it as my 'factory set', which is normally a square post-it note pad, about 3" and a Bic type biro shoved in my back pocket.
So in that scenario a 50mm pen would be ideal.
Oh sod it, I think I'll treat myself. Or rather, buy one and tell my wife its for Fathers day.

I bought one some weeks ago and like it a lot.
Its solidly built and is quite weighty and the line it lays is a grey/blue .
You need to change the nib position regularly to vary the line but you get used to that
Performance varies depending on the paper used and the line is permanent, I think.
Closed, its 81ish mm and its perfect for popping in your pocket or leaving in the car.
Screw cap which doesn't post so be careful where/how you lay the cap down as it'll roll.
Cracking little instrument which I think you'll enjoy using.
Regards, beejay

Just won an ebay auction for one. Will review it when it arrives.
Was speaking to another member from this forum yesterday who bought one.
He insinuated that I have enabled him! Pah. If anything its the other way round as I really only decided to bid on it after we spoke about them.

Back
Top Bottom