Introducing me!

The Geordie Shaver said:
Hello and welcome to TSR
Regards
Derrick

Thanks for the welcome Derrick, nice to be here.

majortom said:
Hi and welcome. From reading past posts here, you will find that no one blade suits everyone. For example, I can't shave at all with Derbys, and my go to blade is the Feather in an aggressive No. 4 setting in a Merkur Futur which gives me a smooth shave, free of irritation or nicks. It's really a trial and error process to find the blade or blades suitable to your skin type, level of technique, type of prep etc.
Happy shaving.

Thanks for that & I'm very quickly learning that there are a lot of variables to take into account and that's without looking at technique. Although I thought I had started to get consistency I may have been over optimistic, still to a large extent that's what makes it so enjoyable!

salesman said:
Hi and wecome. you are in safe hands here.

Thanks for the welcome & I have to say it's a pleasure being here & the response has been great!

hi there!

Welcome aboard.

i tried feathers for the first time today in my slant and absolutley loved it. keep hold of them for a while and try them again in the not so distant future (or sell them to me at a knock down price) ;)

phil

flip-68 said:
hi there!

Welcome aboard.

i tried feathers for the first time today in my slant and absolutley loved it. keep hold of them for a while and try them again in the not so distant future (or sell them to me at a knock down price) ;)

phil

Thanks Phil, I intend to give them a fair trial as I suspect it's more my fault than theirs, but if I do decide we're not suited I now know of a good home for them!
Cheers
Matt

You will, a lot of experienced souls here willing to give you a lot of time and help.

If you give me a pm with your address on I'll send you some blades on to give you a flavour of others.

Back
Top Bottom