IOS 7

Couple of new features I like is the swipe up menu available from the lock screen. The torch facility and airdrop.

You couldn't share photos over Bluetooth but now you can do it with the airdrop facility, between iOS devices of course!
The spirit level has come in handy to level my telly on the wall :D

Safari is better with the search facility built into the address bar.

An excellent update in my opinion.

Been running iOS 7 since early betas, and the few things I like are the control centre, the new task manager and a few other items, overall a pretty good update, depending on device of course. (iPhone 5 run very nicely)

M.

undertherazor said:
What about the dizziness effect people complain about?

Yeah, never met anyone either, and you do know you can turn Paralax effect off?
(which I've done for saving battery life)

But yeah, staring at a tiny screen for hours facebooking or playing angry-birds would probably make you dizzy, especially while walking around with total disregard for other people...

M.

Always believed that smartphones are not a game console nor were they created to act as means for watching social media "24/7",but rather as devices which would assist you in mail receiving /sending while being on the road or for running specific apps of ones needs.

What I keep reading in the net though seems to be a bit discouraging for updating from version 6 at the moment. On the other hand I trust you gents (who have already updated) more,so I might give it a go tomorrow :)

undertherazor said:
What I keep reading in the net though seems to be a bit discouraging for updating from version 6 at the moment. On the other hand I trust you gents (who have already updated) more,so I might give it a go tomorrow :)
Honestly, I'm very satisfied with iOS 7, having been part of the beta program means I had the opportunity to test it extensively over the last months.
It's got a few flaws, but then so does 6.1.3/4.

What device are you considering updating?

M.

I think it a good upgrade. I like little things like being able to access certain things from the lock screen, being able to bunch apps into folders, auto updating apps and in general it just feels cleaner and fresher. I am running a iPhone 4s and it has given it a new lease of life. Same with the iPad 4. Thumbs up from me !!

An iphone 4

FrenchBlade said:
Honestly, I'm very satisfied with iOS 7, having been part of the beta program means I had the opportunity to test it extensively over the last months.
It's got a few flaws, but then so does 6.1.3/4.

What device are you considering updating?

M.

Functionally I really like it. As others have said having Bluetooth and wifi shortcuts handy is really good - less menus to go through than before.

On the other hand, visually it isn't as 'slick' as the previous version. I don't like the 'white' keyboards and they over use of grey!!

rum said:
Functionally I really like it. As others have said having Bluetooth and wifi shortcuts handy is really good - less menus to go through than before.

On the other hand, visually it isn't as 'slick' as the previous version. I don't like the 'white' keyboards and they over use of grey!!

+1

Back
Top Bottom