IOS 7

I like the look of it but have found that my iPhone 4 has noticeably slowed down since the install. I'm hoping that a patch will be released that will fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wanderlust167 said:
I like the look of it but have found that my iPhone 4 has noticeably slowed down since the install. I'm hoping that a patch will be released that will fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Restore and set up as new should fix it.

Re: RE: IOS 7

mattyb240 said:
Wanderlust167 said:

Restore and set up as new should fix it.

Thanks Matty, I'll give that a try later tonight while everyone's watching tv

It's ok the torch is handy.

apple maps is still shit. Google maps has come on with leaps and bounds it now show road works on your route handy.

Typing texts and emails is not as good as android the predictive texts are a bit limited.

Big.Dave said:
It's ok the torch is handy.

apple maps is still shit. Google maps has come on with leaps and bounds it now show road works on your route handy.

Typing texts and emails is not as good as android the predictive texts are a bit limited.

I am with you on the maps 100%. Apple Maps is still in iOS 7 and that should have been replaced by Google Maps long ago...

I've still to install it on my iPhone 4S. As I'm still having problems with my external speaker I don't want to over stress any other system on it.

Johnus said:
I've still to install it on my iPhone 4S. As I'm still having problems with my external speaker I don't want to over stress any other system on it.

DON'T!!!!! I have, the graphics are childish at best, however, the battery life of my 4S went from good to absolutely shocking! I could leave my phone at bed time, off charge, and wake up with roughly the same battery percentage as I left it now I have to charge it at the mains at least twice a day, this is in addition to being plugged into the car.

Scott.

Battery issues are usually fixed with a clean restore, instead of doing an update. Also there are some new services that you can turn off...
On the 5 battery life has improved, but that's with a clean install... I don't have a 4 / 4s on hand to test I though.

This is a known problem with a solution. :)

FrenchBlade said:
Battery issues are usually fixed with a clean restore, instead of doing an update. Also there are some new services that you can turn off...
On the 5 battery life has improved, but that's with a clean install... I don't have a 4 / 4s on hand to test I though.

Sorry to disagree but my wife's iPhone 5 has had a noticeable drop in battery life since the update. I have checked what's running and stopped anything not needed, but it's still rubbish.
At the next upgrade point it will be another maker.

FrenchBlade said:

Agreed restoring and setting up as new solves most "battery issues".

How do you do a 'clean install'? I've done a save and restore on my iPhone 4 to see if that made any difference as it is a lot slower than before the upgrade. I'll try the clean install if it isn't too tricky though. Would appreciate some simple instructions though please.

Here you go:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

If you have iCloud enabled when you select set up as new, it will pull down all of your contacts automatically. Just make sure you import your photos on your computer first.

Or there's this option too:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4137

I've had no real issues with battery life since ios 7 it's pretty good compared to my old HTC with light usage I can squeeze 3 days out of my I5 with light use just a few calls checking email no satnav though that will kill it very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom