Iraqi Football

Rafa Benitez flies to Baghdad to watch a young Iraqi lad play football,
is suitably impressed and arranges for him to come over to play for
Liverpool.

Two weeks later Liverpool are 4-0 down to United with only 20
minutes left. So Benitez gives the young Iraqi striker the nod, and on he goes.

The lad is a sensation and scores 5 goals in 20 minutes and wins the
game for Liverpool.

Benitez is delighted, the players and fans are delighted and the
media love the new star. When the player comes off the pitch, he phones his
Mum to tell her about his first day in English premiership.

"Hello Mum, guess what?" he says in an Iraqi accent. "I played for 20 minutes today,
we were 4-0 down but I scored 5 goals and we won. Everybody loves me - the fans,
the media, they all love me".

"Wonderful", says his Mum, "let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot in
the street and robbed. Your sister and I were ambushed, robbed and beaten,
and your brother has joined a gang of looters, and all while you were having such a
great time".

The young lad was very upset. "What can I say Mum, except that I am very sorry?"

"Sorry?!!!" says his Mum. "It's your bloody fault we moved to Liverpool in the first
place!!"
________

True story.

My boss was at a recent Stoke City v Liverpool game, and a bunch of Liverpool fans were walking across the car park after having had a look at the Sir Stanley Matthews statue.

One of the Stoke fans shouts across the car park:

"Bloody Hell! It must be cold! You lot have got your hands in your own pockets!!!"

Ian - Who has actually never been a victim of any scouse-based crime, but still finds this very funny.

This is the 'not safe for work or kids' section Flatfish, as the header on the forum description says 'Enter at your own risk'

I disagree. I entered the thread via the "view active posts" button which didn't contain the warning (or at least, I don't think it does). The joke was perfectly fine. It was the comments I wasn't so keen on.
My comment was politely written and it is accurate, bad language can cause offence.
I would fully agree with you if the joke itself was offensive. If the joke was offensive then fair point there is a warning and for all intents and purposes, I have been warned. Even if we had a clean jokes section and a dirty jokes section, I don't think it would work in this case because this joke would probably and rightly go in the clean jokes section.
I have no wish to be grumpy or antagonise the nice people I've met here. Perhaps a sensible discussion would be useful here and hopefully some good positive suggestions would come forward.

Please note that this is a social board frequented by people over the age of 18 and as such there may be content unsuitable for minors.
That is from the disclaimer/T&C which I am sure everyone reads when registering.

Jokes and funnies
Most probably not safe for work or kids.Enter at your own risk.
That is from the forum heading on the main index page.

Two warnings about content, viewable before you get into anything on the actual forum.I don't think there is any need for other warnings.How far do you take it? Swear Filter? In my opinion if you read the NSFW jokes section on a forum run and frequented by a majority of men over 18 then you should be expecting some offensive language/content.

Back
Top Bottom