Iridium Super Extra Stainless

Well, pbroddi pointed these out to me as he knows my favourites are the swedes and I ordered some from Connaught.
They arrived today, tried out this evening and have to say, felt just like a Swede to me. Familiar smoothness, same feel to the cutting action and same result, no nicks, cuts, irritation or discomfort, just a nice smooth shave. With some blades you either need to cork them to smooth them out or take it easy on the first use to avoid carnage. Swedes were always sharp but smooth right out of the oily paper for me, now I have a replacement and can stop worrying about using my last one in about two years time...
Now lets see if I can get seven shaves out of these as well.

Fido said:
Too sharp for me with my Merkur 38C. Might be better with Gillette Superpeed or Flare Tip Rocket? Anyone able to comment?

Not tried those blades in those razors but your thinking would appear to be sound.

These are very good blades and they act almost exactly like a Super Thin.

Edit, I find they are good for three shaves, four if the last shave is WTG & XTG.

My top blade,

An extremely sharp blade which is also very smooth, have never had a bad shave with one of these switching between an EJ Chatsworth and Futur. The only down side that i can find is that i can only get four shaves from a blade, but considering i never push any of my blades beyond four means I’m being picky.

Don’t be too quick to believe the rumour mill in regards to production being totally ceased on these.

Back
Top Bottom