Is Boots stuff any good?

I'm quite keen to use stuff I can get hold of locally rather than having to buy online all the time so I wondered if the Boots own brand stuff is any good?

By all accounts the Boots shave stick is very good. Up there with Palmolive I think. There are some threads discussing Boots products already. May be worth a look in the Reviews section. They sometimes do a 3 for 2 offer which has proven very popular with the gents at TSR. :)

Edit: Here you are, just found this: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=33&t=704</a><!-- l -->

I took advantage of the boots three for two offer and got the ASB the A/S also the Boots soap.

And i find that all three are very good especially the soap its on a par with Kent and Palmolive and for the price you cant go wrong.

Boots soap, either the stick or the bowl = very good

Boots cream = i wouldn't bother, get Palmolive instead and Ingrams (blue) for the summer, it's menthol like Proraso ;)

Boots a\s balm = good stuff

Boots a\s = it's ok but Superdrugs own brand smells better

+1 on the 3 for 2 offers, last time i used it for Old Spice Whitewater

oh and Palmolive is a must especially the stick

I have the Boots shave stick, and was surprised how good it worked. Unfortunately, I pick up a kind of "sweaty" note in the scent, and that puts me off using it sometimes.

Ian

It's good to explore what's available locally...most of the traditional prducts work very well indeed.

The Boots/Asda/Tesco own brand blades are worth a try too....they are Israeli Personna's although won't be the cheapest.

Been using Palmolive stick soap for the last few days..( grated into a spare container for ease of handling)......What an under rated shaving soap that is....Great lather, Good glide properties.....pure nostalgia...Takes me back to when I first started shaving.....Just going out to stock up on a stick or three.

Back
Top Bottom