Is it an age thing?

Now that my 71st Birthday is looming closer I find myself using the same 3 razors and brushes in rotation and ignoring the other 6 in my collection of higher end kit. When I was working they all got used for a week each but now that need/habit has gone away.

Should I keep the unused razors and brushes or be sensible and sell them?

Incidentally I have the same problem with my wrist watch collection.

Its the same for me. I use the same 2 brushes usually and will latch onto a certain razor for a few weeks without realising.
Due to this I slowly wittled down my collection, even selling my beloved Fatboy recently. I olnly seem to use SE razors, to which that collection has grown but Im considering letting most of it go. In this sense I don't consider myself a collector as if its not used I feel guilty for keeping it in a drawer, so it gets sold.

I more than halved my collection 3 months ago - it was good to know I could do it - plus the razors I have left I really use regularly now - more shelf space to fill with other hardware I would like to try - but the bathroom is less choked out.

Ratty

I would say,(but I do not know your collection),do you like looking,or fiddling with your unused razors?,if so,keep them!,there is much joy to be had from razors that look good,feel good,but shave like s**te!....I have a small collection,about 25,give or take,but I only really use 3-4 on a regular basis...Would I sell the ones that I don't use?...No way!.But if they are just kept in a drawer,never used,never looked at,sell 'em!.Horse's for course's and all that!.

Back
Top Bottom