Is there an aftershave 'balm', or 'cream' that has Alum built in?

As per title. I'd be interested in getting an aftershave 'balm', 'gel' or 'cream' that has an Alum element built in so that as well as soothing & moisturising, it can also stop the bleeding in any small weepers I may have from an unhappy shave! Does it exist?

RE: Is there an aftershave 'balm', or 'cream' that has Alum buil in?

StephenShave said:
As per title. I'd be interested in getting an aftershave 'balm', 'gel' or 'cream' that has an Alum element built in so that as well as soothing & moisturising, it can also stop the bleeding in any small weepers I may have from an unhappy shave! Does it exist?

Think Speick aftershave lotion has Alum as one of it's ingredients, good stuff it is too.

Myrsol some of there stuff has alum in, supposedly it all. Rey good.

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/after-shave-splash-lotion/563-mrysol-antesol-pre-post-massage-1l.html

I have no idea whether or not it actually contains alum - but if it doesn't, I think they are lying! It certainly behaves exactly like alum except it is in a bottle.

Try " The Cool Fix".

Bechet45 said:
I have no idea whether or not it actually contains alum - but if it doesn't, I think they are lying! It certainly behaves exactly like alum except it is in a bottle.

Try " The Cool Fix".

Yours seems to be the winner so far as I can purchase easily online and its not too dear... (Alum not listed in ingredients, but the bottle looks nice - I'm a sucker for attractive packaging!)

johant1968 said:
StephenShave said:
johant1968 said:
Sanex Sensitive ASB definitely contains alum.

This is the UK Sanex web site - no sign of it! Do you have a link to a supplier?

Ehhh ... it's in any decent supermarket over here (e.g. AH or Plus). I am surprised it is not on the UK site!

Will keep an eye out tomorrow in ASDA to see if they have it (we don't have AH or Plus)...

Dublin said:

http://www.giftsandcare.com/en/after-shave-splash-lotion/563-mrysol-antesol-pre-post-massage-1l.html

I knew I read it had alum in

Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave

Astringent “Metilsol” After Shave by Myrsol laboratories (1 Liter). Excellent after shave with extraordinary astringent qualities, thanks to its elaborate composition which includes; alum stone, potassium and Thymol, a natural derivative of thyme which acts as a natural disinfectant. “Metilsol” repairs small cuts and irritation after shaving in an effective manner.

Dublin said:
Dublin said:

I knew I read it had alum in

Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave

Astringent “Metilsol” After Shave by Myrsol laboratories (1 Liter). Excellent after shave with extraordinary astringent qualities, thanks to its elaborate composition which includes; alum stone, potassium and Thymol, a natural derivative of thyme which acts as a natural disinfectant. “Metilsol” repairs small cuts and irritation after shaving in an effective manner.

Have now put a 'wanted' ad in the BST forum!

johant1968 said:
StephenShave said:
johant1968 said:
Sanex Sensitive ASB definitely contains alum.

This is the UK Sanex web site - no sign of it! Do you have a link to a supplier?

Ehhh ... it's in any decent supermarket over here (e.g. AH or Plus). I am surprised it is not on the UK site!

Just to let you know, Tesco, ASDA & Sainsburys (the 3 x main supermarkets in the UK) only stock the products listed on the UK web site. For some reason, Sanex ASB, which you can get so easily in the Netherlands, must contain something that the UK has banned, flipping eejits!

I emailed Sanex to ask why they didn't sell the aftershave balm in the UK - got the following response:- (I also asked if the reason was maybe a UK banned ingredient)

"There are no safety reasons why Sanex Aftershave Balm is not marketed in the UK. This decision was made by our Marketing Department.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in our Company and its products.

Yours sincerely

Steve Spranck
Consumer Services Representative"

Back
Top Bottom