Is this the best delivery service?

I don't know if it's the best delivery service in the UK, but it's by far the best I've experienced. In fact, it's impressive!

I've had 3 deliveries now by DPD UK (no affiliation), and each one has been absolutely perfect in every way. They send an email when they've received the parcel from the sender, send email and text in the morning with estimated delivery time (within a one hour window), plus the icing on the cake: real-time online tracking of where the driver is, how many delveries are still ahead and exactly how long before the driver makes the delivery. You can also make arrangements online if you need to change the delivery date or decide to have your parcel left with a neighbour for example.

In this age of computerization and internet, why can't everyone do this? As much as I've been let down and left disappointed by just about every delivery service, this one has left me with a big smile on my face :)

Note: I have only used them for receiving parcels and have no idea of their pricing structure.

+1 - brilliant. All deliveries so far, except ....

They are picking up a Returns package this afternoon and thhe same time info ihas been given. An hour slot instead of waiting in alll day.

I too have only positive experiences of deliveries inbound.

It would be nice to think that the PO will adopt some of these practices when they are privatised.

UKRob said:
I too have only positive experiences of deliveries inbound.

It would be nice to think that the PO will adopt some of these practices when they are privatised.

Except that oddly the Royal Mail's tracking service now appears to be giving less information not more - previously you could see each step of the way for a parcel/special delivery... now you can only see the present step.

Even City Link :s manage to give you a 2 hour window now and they are stone dead last in the list of couriers I would voluntarily use.

I can quite easily name some of the WORST delivery services in the UK so it is nice to hear of a good one.

Sounds a very impressive, comprehensive service to say the least.

hunnymonster said:
Even City Link :s manage to give you a 2 hour window now and they are stone dead last in the list of couriers I would voluntarily use.

Don't you mean Shitty Link? Home of drivers with terminally injured (hence cloth wrapped) knuckles.

Re: RE: Is this the best delivery service?

Tall_Paul said:
hunnymonster said:

Don't you mean Shitty Link? Home of drivers with terminally injured (hence cloth wrapped) knuckles.

Shitty Link/Shitty Wank/whatever you like... I was trying to maintain some decorum :angel:

My favourite courier for delivery is Yodel, but that is only due to personal customer service from my local driver. I have bought a few razors from the states on eBay and with the pay no extra duty option it comes to me via yodel. I work away and when I explained this he said if I wasn't there he'll sign for the delivery and keep it until I contact him on his mobile. He then delivers my package in his personal car, he doesn't live far away but he does get a bottle of nice wine every time this happens. I have never come across this level of service from anyone else in the courier service.

Scott.

I would say DPD are excellent, I only have positive things to say of them, only last week I took delivery of a item delivered by DPD, and the number one thing I love about any home delivery is they e-mailled me a delivery slot between 3.48 pm and 4.48 pm that's what I call service.

Wow, going to see if I can use them for my next significant postal items. I suppose I settle for Royal Fail due to convenience, but the description above of DPD really sounds excellent.

Anyone ever heard of Collect+ ?
They are the returns courier for Amazon UK. Had to return an item recently and had never heard of them before that.

Re: RE: Is this the best delivery service?

rum said:
They are the returns courier for Amazon UK. Had to return an item recently and had never heard of them before that.

I've been using them for the last 8 months and they've been very good.
No issues at all

templ8 said:
rum said:

I've been using them for the last 8 months and they've been very good.
No issues at all

Sounds good. Find it really convenient that they have drop off points at corner shops and convenience stores. My local Londis is open until 2300!!

Hoorah for competition!

Back
Top Bottom