Is this worth restoring?

Hello fellow traditional shavers! I found this straight razor being offered for silly money (8-9GBP). It's in a pretty bad condition and I have no experience with SR so I wanted to ask you whether it can be restored to a shaving grade condition. Thanks!

Here are the only photos of the razor I have:
http://imgur.com/a/JQ7S6

cutting edge appears to still be flat with no frown or smile. just sand it down with a wet/dry progression and send it out to be honed. Neil Miller is £20 at the strop-shop.co.uk

I'd give it a pass. There's so many nice razors out there that need a good home. Let her rest and pick some other puppy.

I would pass too, not worth it (to much wear and a common brand)... + there could be something wrong with it (warped blade, bad steel or something else) and then you've got nothing.

...also when you see pitting on the surface like that it's generally best to avoid because if there is pitting on the edge as it looks to be you're generally screwed.

You can't hone or re-bevel a pitted edge without a ton of work. ie taking it back to good metal and a honemeister wouldn't touch it for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom