Is your razor too dumb? Well new razor "Phi Razor" to the rescue ;)

Sorry, I switched off at "In a marketplace full of boring low tech razors"...

Lol, am I the only one who is intrigued by this? :D
Maybe light, vibration and whatnots will be entertaining [useful?]

But yeah, I agree that that sentence was terribly mis-cast for a product that is likely to attract a lot of current wetshavers. It did feel a bit alienating. If I ran that kickstarter I'd edit that sentence out in a heartbeat :) A negative start is not a good thing.

The one thing I see as problematic is in everything I've read on this razor, it lacks an important word.

...waterproof.

And $1,000+ for a titanium model? Well, at least that's something you'll never have to worry about making. That's ridiculous expensive. You could probably have it made in gold for that price.

Ok, so I spent five minutes watching the video and now know that it vibrates and all the fancy electronics are a way of controlling the vibration, but at no point does it explain WTF the light is for. Mood lighting? Shaving in the dark? Gimmickry?

I still don't want one, IMO the three-piece is the perfect razor design, solid metal, no moving parts nothing to go wrong. A razor is a device to hold a blade so that you can shave with it, nothing more. Sticking lights and vibrators on it is just complicating things for the sake of it.

Last edited:
what is the vibration supposed to do? i vaguely recall trying a gillette cartridge thingy that vibrated, way back in the day....it was a gimmicky piece of crap and the buzzer made zero difference to the shave. I think this completely misses the point of why people return to wet shaving-simplicity! Its difficult to try and be honest without sounding mean and it looks like a lot of work has gone into this handle but it is trying to solve a problem that does not exist and it will never live up to the hyperbole.

I'm out.

I'm puzzled by those Kickstarter campaigns, funding random ideas. I like Tom's approach with the Bunny razor. First throw the idea at the community and if it flies, consider making a business out of it. This Phi thing got it arse backwards. Facepalm. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom