It works again :-)

Hi y'all
I haven't posted here for ages, because I couldn't. Up until yesterday, although I was logged in, I wasn't allowed to post. I couldn't even get in touch with a mod to try and sort it out. How? Whatever the glitch in the forum software was, it's gone.
The bad news is, I have nothing to write at the moment :) I've sold my razor collection, and am perfectly happy just having my Feather AS-D2, I love it.
Take care out there, and stay healthy (y)

Good to have you back.

IMO, it's good to have a few things that work really well for you and a Feather AS-D2 might be all you need.

How's the repair business if you don't mind me asking? As the guitar Techs are out of the question in the UK, I've been thinking of doing a few mods myself but everytime I think of approaching a soldering iron I break out in a cold sweat!

Thanks for the welcome back :)
My business is ticking over at the moment. I was lucky enough to have enough jobs to fill the workshop up to the rafters in Jan / Feb.
Luckily I anticipated what was going to happen when Covid-19 hit Europe, and worked my balls off till the end of March to empty the workshop again before the sh*t hit the fan here in Germany.
So now I have enough money saved to pay the bills until June? maybe, and then we'll see. I'm still taking jobs on, but only with an appointment at a certain time. Most of my clients are out of work anyway, all gigs are cancelled until further notice.
I wear a mask when a client is here, and when we go shopping. Most of my clients have a mask on when they bring the jobs. During the work I wear disposable nitrile gloves when possible. I'm as careful as I can be within the frame of having to touch the instrument, and play it when it's finished to check it, but 100% safety just isn't possible. It's a risk, but a calculated one. No risk, no fun :D
I don't want to get too paranoid, but due to having a weak heart muscle and diabetes, I belong to the high-risk patient group. If I get the virus bad enough to have to be hospitalized, I'm probably toast. That would be...er...sub-optimal :D
@donnie_arko.
If you'd like to send your guitar over to me with UPS, I'll repair it and then send it back to you (y)

Thanks for the welcome back :)
My business is ticking over at the moment. I was lucky enough to have enough jobs to fill the workshop up to the rafters in Jan / Feb.
Luckily I anticipated what was going to happen when Covid-19 hit Europe, and worked my balls off till the end of March to empty the workshop again before the sh*t hit the fan here in Germany.
So now I have enough money saved to pay the bills until June? maybe, and then we'll see. I'm still taking jobs on, but only with an appointment at a certain time. Most of my clients are out of work anyway, all gigs are cancelled until further notice.
I wear a mask when a client is here, and when we go shopping. Most of my clients have a mask on when they bring the jobs. During the work I wear disposable nitrile gloves when possible. I'm as careful as I can be within the frame of having to touch the instrument, and play it when it's finished to check it, but 100% safety just isn't possible. It's a risk, but a calculated one. No risk, no fun :D
I don't want to get too paranoid, but due to having a weak heart muscle and diabetes, I belong to the high-risk patient group. If I get the virus bad enough to have to be hospitalized, I'm probably toast. That would be...er...sub-optimal :D
@donnie_arko.
If you'd like to send your guitar over to me with UPS, I'll repair it and then send it back to you (y)

Thanks for the info and good to hear things are ticking over. I also post on a guitar forum and there are a couple of guys there who are techs and the lockdown has hit them really hard.

I think you're wise to take the precautions you have been taking, and once the lockdown is restricted here I imagine many others will have to take ones similar to you for a good while to come. FWIW, I don't think you are being paranoid with your health conditions in mind.

Thanks for the offer, if I do need to do a serious repair I will keep it mind.

Back
Top Bottom