Italian Soft Soaps stinging

Having only tried Valobra, Proraso and P160 and totally loved the Valobra but it would make my face sting. The P160 was fine but will become extinct soon and green proraso took me ages to master for some reason?
Does anyone else get the stinging from the Almond soaps? Haven't tried Cella yet or Vitos. Not really sure if it is the Almond content or just something in Valobra that causes this effect.

Would be shame not to be using the soft soaps occasionally and just wondered if anyone else had this problem with them?

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Having only tried Valobra, Proraso and P160 and totally loved the Valobra but it would make my face sting. The P160 was fine but will become extinct soon and green proraso took me ages to master for some reason?
Does anyone else get the stinging from the Almond soaps? Haven't tried Cella yet or Vitos. Not really sure if it is the Almond content or just something in Valobra that causes this effect.

Would be shame not to be using the soft soaps occasionally and just wondered if anyone else had this problem with them?

Yeah, I wasn't happy with Valobra either. Try Vito's instead - it's superb, one of the best! Not sure why it took you long mastering Proraso though.. Maybe local water?

Was a strange one with Proraso, I think the issue was with the loading of my brush. I was using Tobs Sandalwood for quite a while before I tried Proraso and where I could load a brush with a quick swirl with Tobs I was trying the same with Proraso, and as I have since realised you need a good load with the Italian soaps.

May try the Vitos route, is there much of a difference between the coconut and the super crema?

A lot of people have issues with almond oil, whether it's in soaps, aftershaves or balms. If you're experiencing irritation with Valobra almond, but like the soap itself, try the menthol variation instead.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
May try the Vitos route, is there much of a difference between the coconut and the super crema?

Correct me someone if I'm wrong - the only difference is the coconut oil added. I've got an original one and it's awesome, coconut may be even better.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
So Cella and Vitos would be the same as Valobra. Will wait till Paul is back off holiday and order some samples to test whether they are going to be non starters.

Not in my experience. Vitos outperforms Valobra for me, by far.

Back
Top Bottom