Italian Soft Soaps

i have never ordered or tried any of these "Almond" soaps, Cella, Valobra, Vitos, etc etc

I ordered some Figaro last night just to give it a test out, (yeah coz i need more soap !!! :blush::blush::blush:)

I presume these are good going by the reviews i have seen on the other forums.....?

Vito's is a great soap, very easy to lather, even though it says extra super coconut, it doesn't smell of any coconut but if you like almonds then you can't go wrong, personally I prefer this soap over Mitchells Woolfat.

Jamie.

just had a look at Vitos on ebay, can it be purchased as a small cake / refill, as all i see is it being sold with a wooden bowl which i have no use for or in 1kg lumps which is not great if i don't get on with it.....

Sunburyboy93 said:
cheers jamie

which is the best version to use............?

or are they all pretty much the same ?

Well Steve the three are almond based scents, but I love the smell and taste of almonds, but more importantly they all have great lather very slick with loads of slip.

Jamie.

Steve, I currently use the coconut version, it's amazing. Also, it's not simply an 'almond' smell, it's a bit richer than that - Amaretto like. If I were to name 3 top soaps (based purely on performance), those would be Speick, Martin de Candre and Vitos.

Not much about Cella. Got a strong sweet perhaps slightly artificial smell (makes it sound worse than it is) but excellent performance. Think the price is about the same. I prefer it to Vitos mainly for the smell

Helveticum said:
Steve, I currently use the coconut version, it's amazing. Also, it's not simply an 'almond' smell, it's a bit richer than that - Amaretto like. If I were to name 3 top soaps (based purely on performance), those would be Speick, Martin de Candre and Vitos.

Yeah i'm guessing the Coconut one has coconut oil added rather than a fragrance which is a great thing for skin conditioning in a soap and should make your skin nice and hydrated after the shave.

think i'm gonna get some once my Tech on the BST sells

cheers

steve

Can't go wrong with Cella Steve, although since I've never tried any of the others they may well equal or even better its performance.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

The Geordie Shaver said:
Are all the Vitos tallow based ? , its something I try to avoid as I have oily skin and it appears to lead to problems for me , which is a shame because I would have liked to try Vitos
Regards
Derrick

AFAIK yes, but there is also Saponeria Artigiana, they make (by hand) a similar soap, not tallow based. I still have enough in stock, and would gladly send you a sample. Just pm me your address.

Back
Top Bottom