Jovan Musk Aftershave - Any Fans?

I like a lot.
I use both after shave and cologne.
Likewise, I really like Aqua Velva Musk, which is basically the same fragrance.
And I use - I can't find it here anymore - the Axe Musk deodorant, which is basically the same fragrance.
Unfortunately, all these products are impossible to buy in my country.
I have never tried Aqua Velva Musk. I believe that Axe deodorant is known as Lynx in the UK, though. I haven't wore Lynx since I was in my teens!

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all of your replies! It was great to get some positive feedback! Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Jovan Musk EDT/cologne from? I have only seen the aftershave, and Boots is the only shop where I live that sells it. I don't particularly want to buy it online.

Thanks again for your contributions!

FJY

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all of your replies! It was great to get some positive feedback! Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Jovan Musk EDT/cologne from? I have only seen the aftershave, and Boots is the only shop where I live that sells it. I don't particularly want to buy it online.

Thanks again for your contributions!

FJY
Where in the UK are you?

Now then, laddies. Straying off the Jovan and by way of Quorum may I arrive at Aramis? A tad dearer but despite my advancing knees, I mean age, I have not yet popped my Aramis cherry and would like to know its proximity and/or similarity to Quorum? Give a poor bugger like me a wee helping hand, eh? Ta muckle.

Now then, laddies. Straying off the Jovan and by way of Quorum may I arrive at Aramis? A tad dearer but despite my advancing knees, I mean age, I have not yet popped my Aramis cherry and would like to know its proximity and/or similarity to Quorum? Give a poor bugger like me a wee helping hand, eh? Ta muckle.

Nowt like ...

Puig Quorum is earth, moss and pine. Aramis Aramis is leather, amber and spice. Aramis Aramis is more related to Jovan Musk (which should really be Jovan Amber). I wrote above that Eden Classics Mandate is somewhere between Jovan Musk and Puig Quorum, and as such a sorta poor man's Aramis Aramis. They form three points of a triangle: Puig Quorum, Aramis Aramis and Jovan Musk, with Eden Classics Mandate kinda bang in the middle.

So no wooden wood off trees in the old Musketeer? I did have a 30ml bottle on order but the beggars cancelled on me and afterwards, I lingered too long on the trigger whilst the game scattered. Quorum seems more to my liking, cheaper, performs great and doesn’t make me smell like a modern wannabe when I’d struggle to convince anyone I’d reached the lofty heights of a has-been. Never-was and proud! :LOL:

Your cheque is in the post @pjgh as Silver Star, German Personna and now Quorum have proven true winners. Ta muckle.

I have never tried Aqua Velva Musk. I believe that Axe deodorant is known as Lynx in the UK, though. I haven't wore Lynx since I was in my teens!

Yes, Lynx is the Axe brand in UK.

By the way, Axe "musk" deodorant had stopped being produced in Brazil a few years ago.
Today, I went out to buy some things..
I walked into a drugstore and when looking at deodorants, I saw a "new" fragrance by Axe.
Name: Musk Fougere and Vanilla
Fragrance: Same as old Ax musk.
LoL

Has anyone tried any of the flankers? Jovan Black Musk, Gold Musk, Island Musk, Intense Oud, Tropical Musk, Secret Amber, Silky Rose or White Musk?
I think I saw Jovan Black Musk on the Tesco website, but our store hadn't got it when I looked there. I would hesitate before I bought aftershave or EDTs online, though. I have heard plenty of horror stories about fake products. I prefer to use shops.

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all for your kind contributions to my thread! I think that peoples' opinions of Jovan Musk tend to be very polarised. Some people love it and others hate it. I think that, as an affordable aftershave that is suitable for everyday use, it is just right. I save my more expensive aftershaves and EDTs for those "special occasions", as I think we all do, lol.

Regards,

FJY

Back
Top Bottom